Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I'm working through replacing the stock dashboard (of 2010 Versys) with this: Acewell 2853 Digital Speedometer - Chrome fascia. Ideal for Cruisers, Customs

I've managed to get the clock, fuel and neutral lit up – but when I rewire the indicators, the actual indicators lights don't light up, let alone the dashboard ones.

I'll post up the pics and diagrams, any ideas would be awesome.

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,306 Posts
It might help if your refer to the main wiring diagram of the versys and not the dashboard alone.
Its in the versys manual. Hope you get it hooked up.:goodluck:

·
Premium Member
9,718 Posts
Interested in Helping

Hi, I'm working through replacing the stock dashboard (of 2010 Versys) with this: Acewell 2853 Digital Speedometer - Chrome fascia. Ideal for Cruisers, Customs

I've managed to get the clock, fuel and neutral lit up – but when I rewire the indicators, the actual indicators lights don't light up, let alone the dashboard ones.

I'll post up the pics and diagrams, any ideas would be awesome.
First the manual would be a first, however it is difficult to follow. Your posted link to the wiring diagram is useless to me as I can't enlarge it enough to see anything of use. The manual for your bike is on this forum, but as I said, some have difficulty following it. Just happens that I have added driving led's and signal led's on my barkbusters, the driving and signal alternate when signaling, access to that circuit is partially from the front on the 2015 and behind the cowling on previous models.

If you are successful in completing this, some good photos and steps of how to, would be good to post in the How To forum, and be a alternative for those that have had their dash / instrumentation fail, provided this is cost effective, and something the average joe could follow.

So if you can provide a better diagram and all the steps that the manufacturer of this product has given you, I would try and help.The 2010 is a Mk-2, not much different as to the circuitry , however that is where it stops, sure you know that, I had a MK-1 and now MK-3. How the odometer and speedometer communicate on this retrofit should be interesting, as well as the F1 light.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts