Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The plan was Eugene, to Lakeside, to Astoria, and then back down through wine country (Forest Grove, McMinnville, Corvallis, and back to Eugene).

Plan was interrupted Friday night on the way to Lakeside by a big nail in rear tire. First time plugger, and it held. Made it to Lakeside late, up early the next morning and rode down to Coos Bay. The guys at Cood Bay Cycle & ATV hooked me up with a new tire, and the ride was back on. Up to Astoria, camped at Ft. Stevens State Park.

After camp was set up Saturday evening, it was off to dinner/bike nite at Rolling Thunder BBQ in Astoria with a group of riders from another forum. The owner had us park the bikes INSIDE the store (see pic). Pretty neat! Great food!

Explored Ft. Stevens Sunday morning, rode back and forth over the Astoria bridge a couple times (what a rush so high in the air!), had a great lunch at the Astoria Seafood and Wine Festival, and returned home.

692 total miles for the weekend. My Versys has now been on the entire stretch of 101 from Washington to California.

Enjoy the pics!

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
nvoelsch,
Excellent pics! My sister lived in Eugene for many years, now down in Medford. I will have to ride my V up there sometime to visit. I've ridden in OR before, but man it was a long time ago. Thanks again for the pics.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
NL, great pics, thanks for posting.

That's a great area to go camping/site seeing. Think that wreck is the Peter Airdale or something like that-used to take my kids there over 20 years ago.

How were the overnight temps camping-is it warming up at night much?

Machog

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I only did the overnight camp thing Saturday night. Wasn't bad at all. Have a 15+ mummy bag, and it worked real well. Two rain showers came through that I can remember, and then about 3am there was a change and it really started warming up. Kicked on the camp heater for a few minutes only to warm up my clothes before exiting the mummy bag. No complaints.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I'll be doing this ride in June Victoria to Eureka to Reno to Saltlake City to Yellowstone to Flathead lake in Montana to Drumheller to Edmonton to Kelowna back to Victoria 3 week ride Im going to have fun

·
Registered
262 Posts
What ??! No pics of the Goonies house ? !??!?

Seriously one of these days I am going to ride TO Oregon and then ride THROUGH Oregon.

What a beautiful place!

·
Registered
272 Posts
LOL , yeah Im heading to a couple of places in Astoria that were in some movies

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, when you live here, it's kinda like "meh, done that". I prefer "Animal House" anyways.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts