Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Along the lines of V.riders thread, expect the unexpected.

Went out yesterday for a quick spin as it was a gorgeous day in Atlanta, about 1/2 mile from the house and still in the neighborhood and 1st gear, a dog shot out of nowhere. As he lunged at me I gave it the throttle and the darn dog slammed into the back of my sporty roadster, broke the blinker off as well as bent he license plate. The dog tried to attack me.

Dog was shaken a bit but ended up being okay. Fortunately I didn't get knocked over. Thank goodness my sporty roadster is as heavy as a tank. :D

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
You mean the dog head butted your bike or grabbed the turn signal with his mouth and ripped it off? :eek:

You were really glad the dog was ok? :eek:

Glad you are ok!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Sounds like you need to talk to the dog owner. I have a large dog that freaks out around motorcycles, but I certainly wouldn't let him run free to just chase whatever he wants to chomp on.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like you need to talk to the dog owner. I have a large dog that freaks out around motorcycles, but I certainly wouldn't let him run free to just chase whatever he wants to chomp on.
I did speak with the owner. The dog snuck out the back fence and they didn't know it. I mainly went up to let them know I thought it was hurt. It was limping pretty bad when I stopped to pick up the turn signal and inspect any damage.

The dog ran somewhere as I was walking up to the house and when I was talking to them it came up the sidewalk walking fine. Not sure what kind of dog it was however it was probably around 50 pounds or so.

I'm surprised more people haven't been chased by dogs. It's happened to me a few time before but usually they never get too close and I live in a pretty nice area. It's not like dogs are running wild around me or anything……

The worst are those little white dogs that yap all the time. Several people walk them on leashes and when I go by they go absolutely berserk trying to get at me.

Come to think about it, my HD sporty has louder pipes that the V and my KLX 250S has a FMF pipe. Maybe its the louder pipe causing the dogs to freak out.

I've never been attacked by dogs on the V…….. :interesting:

·
Registered
238 Posts
You're a bigger man than I for ck'g on the dog! You're right, my dog doesn't freak around quieter bikes - mainly the loud cruisers.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
My dog gets excited around loud motorcycles because it meant Ray was coming home back when I had a cruiser. He would hear me a block away and start running around the house. He still does that when a loud bike goes by even when I'm sitting right next to him.
I never said he was smart.
I applaud you for going back to check on the dog, I would've done the same.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I live in Central Florida..

and the "pit bull" is apparently the official state dog. I've seen them lift two- car garage doors with their nose to get out (strong.) After I crap my pants, it takes all the restraint I have to SLOW DOWN, as they're racing for my leg-then gas it right when they're about 20 feet from me. That usually does it, and then once they are beat they just curl around and head home. I must live in a bad neighborhood:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts