Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put it on. Looks good, sounds good.

I got the carbon fiber for $60 plus shipping straight from their website. Looks like they are $69 now.

The welds are nice and the carbon fiber wrap is real and good looking. Carbon F goes good with the black treatment on my green Versys.

Sound is deep. Little louder than I would have thought, but it sounds really good.

Engine is actually louder than the valves now.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Gotta ask...how is it that these systems are soooo inexpensive compared to the "brandnames"?????:eek:

·
Registered
774 Posts
Why does a BMW sell for 2 or 3 times as much as a Versys? Generic drug or brand name? The "Brand" carries value to some more than others even though the end product may be identical.

They are probably some hole in the wall shop in China trying to scratch their way into the market. For the price it would be hard to go wrong but I haven't seen anything long term on their pipes.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Just checked the site out, that is a good price. Kinda generic looking pieces assembled and thats A-OK.
So with that being said. A question about aftermarket exhausts in general for the Versys. I have not gone ahead on my other bike because it requires the EFI be reprogrammed (add a power commander), disconnect and block PAIR valve and jumper and add resister to some EFI circuit. What about the Versys? Aftermarket exhuast packing does not last as long a an OEM.

http://www.dan-moto.com/er6-versys-650-ninja-650-all-years-carbon-gp-product-150.html?zenid=ohbqc497a95rg0hcmlsrqr6ka0

·
Registered
307 Posts
Just check ed the site out that is a good price. Kinda generic pieces assembled and that A-OK. So with that being said. A question about aftermarket exhausts in general for the Versys. I have not gone ahead on my other bike because it requires the EFI be reprogrammed (add a power commander), disconnect and block PAIR valve and jumper and add resister to some EFI circuit. What about the Versys? Aftermarket exhuast packing does not last as long a an OEM
Gotta do all that to maximize gains and minimize the POP POP POP you get on decel.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Leo Vince SBK. No popping, no re-map, no mods, no issues.
They aren't $69 either. :huh:
Same with my Arrow. This is for a slip on though. If you go full system more mods are needed, but more gains are achieved.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
No popping even on partial throttle at decel? Dang...
Well there is a little burble there...maybe you call that popping?
I get decel popping on my KTM if the pilot jet is too lean.

Overall it's very smooth, its still quiet with the baffle in, completely euro approved, and I'm sure that's why they are so expensive. They're pretty high-tech and they spent big bucks getting all the approvals. Would meet noise regs here or there, much deeper tone. Without the baffle it's pretty raspy, I would not ride it on the street like that. Now if it were a HD... :D:D

Most of the aftermarket 'cans' are too loud. I would be willing to bet the cheap carbon can is going to be way too loud. Put a meter on it so at least you know. If you get stopped somewhere you'll know what you're up against.

Or not. :devil:

·
Registered
875 Posts
How's the exhaust working out for you? Are you pleased would you recommend it to others? Certainly is a great price.

Just put it on. Looks good, sounds good.

I got the carbon fiber for $60 plus shipping straight from their website. Looks like they are $69 now.

The welds are nice and the carbon fiber wrap is real and good looking. Carbon F goes good with the black treatment on my green Versys.

Sound is deep. Little louder than I would have thought, but it sounds really good.

Engine is actually louder than the valves now.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
BTW...that was the best recording demonstrating the difference between two different cans....nicely done:clap:
TYVM.:thumb: Sounds Great!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,785 Posts
This GP Pipes are MADE IN CHINA and directly posted from China. A friend of mine used it on a HAYABUASA and took it off just after staring as he didn't like the sound.

But for USD70 its worth a try.

:cheers:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's loud. Real loud. Much louder than my initial very short ride. I'll probably switch it out, but until then it's payback for any Harley to the right of me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've just fitted a Danmoto exhaust to my Versys and I truly love it.

It is quite loud, which I don't mind because it produces a deep note out of the little parallel twin. In fact, it sounds a lot like my old Subaru WRX!

In saying that, I will probably order the separate, removable baffle to go in it just in case the loudness gets too much for me and/or the law.

As for performance, I've noticed that the bottom end torque has improved immensely. Im actually considering putting taller gearing on it now because the low end is so vastly improved. I rarely rev it past 3500-4000 rpm now.

Fuel economy has improved also. My V is a 2007 Australian delivered model and I used to get 400km before the fuel flash out of the tank with the original exhaust. Last weekend I managed 444km with the Danmoto exhaust.

I had an exhaust shop weld in an oxygen sensor bung into the Danmoto mid pipe so I could use the existing oxygen sensor. Cost of $30. Aside from this, the exhaust went on without any issue. I have not done anything else like the PAIR valve mod or anything, and I get no backfiring or popping whatsoever.

All I wanted to gain from fitting an aftermarket exhaust was some beautiful parallel twin noise, but improved torque and fuel economy were a welcome bonus!

Cheers,
Glenn

·
Registered
926 Posts
It's loud. Real loud. Much louder than my initial very short ride. I'll probably switch it out, but until then it's payback for any Harley to the right of me.
I was gonna say that thing sounds like the Jardine I had which was way to darn loud. :D

PS I love my Leo Vince SBK. With the waffle plate installed its just right. :thumb::thumb:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts