Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a bit over a year of riding with no problems (other then the fan and that doesn't count) I'm ready to invest more and do the wiring "right". As some of you know I have an aux outlet and heated grips that are hot wired from the PO. And I didn't like that for risk of battery draining(had that problem with my GS cafe) so I added some aircraft switch's with LEDs in them and inline fuses... Well now I ordered another fuse block (one I already got vanished..damn gremlins) and relay and an a b switch(for another add on). I already have wire connectors shrink wrap and so on.. So here is my terrible drawing of my plans. . . if you can actually decipher it congratulations :) if not you'll have to wait till next month for China to send me my parts (I'm a cheap SOB ):3

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK today I decided to install the fuse block and relay. Got it installed under the seat and ran most if the wires (just trigger wire left)
Again damn you OCD

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So started with test fitting in a few spots this was best I could come up with,I then found a place to ground the relay, then I ran main power-in to it.then started to run the trigger wire. Still have more to do but that's what I got so far

Attachments

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
looks good, what type of auxiliary horn are you running
none yet but have two in mind, wolo air horn is a definent , but theres also an oldschool airraid style siren/horn i was thinking about getting for ****ing with people

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
none yet but have two in mind, wolo air horn is a definent , but theres also an oldschool airraid style siren/horn i was thinking about getting for ****ing with people
Good idea, though I don't necessarily want to **** with them, I just want them to wake up.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good idea, though I don't necessarily want to **** with them, I just want them to wake up.
na this one is a repop of a 1950's fire truck horn. but i think good for messen with kids

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok got it all finished and buttoned up today, got all the crapfully done wiring the previous owner had done and did it all right, got the fuse block and relay installed and ran individual power wires for each accessory, and made ever thing nice and tighty how i like :)
also got the power supply use thingy for my gps and or camera ,also added a couple extra gounds for if/when anything else gets added so i dont have to stack on more ground connections on random bolts. also ran an extra wire for the other usb plug i plan on getting down the road some day :)
also did my solution for the dreaded panel buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Attachments

·
Registered
635 Posts
Good job Silvie. Even addressed some fairing buzz while you had the lid off, that will feel nice if you got it right!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Hey Silvie, hope you are well. Keep you diagrams for the future. I went in yesterday to try and remove my aux. lights harness starting at the fuse block end and got lost due to the extra hookups.

With that said, how are affixing your aux. lights. I have used 3 different attachment systems to the lower end of the forks but the vibration always causes them to fail, ergo the reason why I was going to remove the wiring harness yesterday. thx.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts