Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
I’m new to this forum. I had a 1500 Vulcan but the sitting position was getting hard on my back. The Versys has, what seems to me, a better riding position.
I’m looking at a 2008 650 with 8000 miles. It’s been dropped “at low speed” on a gravel road. He’s wants $2,000. Does this damage look extensive?
Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I brought her home! Just need to replace a couple of the plastic pieces.
And ... holy crap this bike is easy to maneuver! I’m thinking it will be a lot of fun!! We will see how the hip holds up with more a standard riding position. I’ll read through the forum to see what kind of mods would make sense for me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sanded the two damaged pieces you can see in the photo today. I’ll pick up primer, paint and clear tomorrow. Going to be warmer towards the end of the week so I’m hoping to have it done before then.

Anyone know where I can get the Kawasaki and Versys decals?

·
Registered
341 Posts
dealer. suddenly their on line parts diagrams don't come up.... only the November promo

·
Registered
327 Posts
Sanded the two damaged pieces you can see in the photo today. I’ll pick up primer, paint and clear tomorrow. Going to be warmer towards the end of the week so I’m hoping to have it done before then.
View attachment 180910
Here is decals for your motorbike:

Reactions: VersysNB

·
Super Moderator
19,617 Posts
Yup - either from your dealer, OR go to a "sign-maker" w/ the right-side fairing, and he can make a digital file of those decals, then make//cut you another. Use whichever is MORE convenient!

:cool:

·
Registered
635 Posts
I just went through this. I caught some gravel going uphill and had a low side slide. The gravel gouged and scratched the entire pannier, most of the side fairing and part of the upper front fairing. I used rattle cans. Mostly flat and satin black but changed the color on the upper side fairing to "steel" to match the pannier. I ordered the OEM decals thinking they were clear. No, they are colored backdrop to match the OEM paint only. My solution, I used the only clear decal the Kawi has...the wind screen decal. If you go online you can find some after market ones that are interesting.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just went through this. I caught some gravel going uphill and had a low side slide. The gravel gouged and scratched the entire pannier, most of the side fairing and part of the upper front fairing. I used rattle cans. Mostly flat and satin black but changed the color on the upper side fairing to "steel" to match the pannier. I ordered the OEM decals thinking they were clear. No, they are colored backdrop to match the OEM paint only. My solution, I used the only clear decal the Kawi has...the wind screen decal. If you go online you can find some after market ones that are interesting. View attachment 180918
I’m liking the black on your bike. I picked up some bonding agent, primer and color matched paint. Just need some clear and I’ll paint it tomorrow.
I ordered decals on ebay. Here is the link if anyone is interested. I’ll let you know how well they match.

KAWASAKI VERSYS HIGH QUALITY DECALS/STICKERS ON FUEL TANK

·
Registered
635 Posts
These brackets are homemade. I copied a BMW design I found in an image. Surprisingly simple design for them! I bought some alumimium flat bar(3/16" I believe but 1/8" probably would have worked), made a cardboard model with the bends marked and bent it in the gaps of my picnic table since I didnt have a vise. How to attach to the bike? If you

look under the front fairing you will see a section of side to side frame piping.I bought a couple of clamps that I found at Home Depot, electrical ground wire clamps for attaching ground cable to plumbing pipe.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts