1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm curious about your left turn signal. The Kawi design makes the turn signals especially vulnerable in any crash or tip over due to the way they are mounted to the fairing. My ZR-7S was actually blown over during Sandy and the turn signal hitting the ground caused the fairing to crack, which required replacement. Irritating. Looks like the sliders didn't prevent that from happening on your bike. Kawasaki really should change the design. Makes simple tip overs expensive.
Hankster

·
Premium Member
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm curious about your left turn signal. The Kawi design makes the turn signals especially vulnerable in any crash or tip over due to the way they are mounted to the fairing. My ZR-7S was actually blown over during Sandy and the turn signal hitting the ground caused the fairing to crack, which required replacement. Irritating. Looks like the sliders didn't prevent that from happening on your bike. Kawasaki really should change the design. Makes simple tip overs expensive.
Hankster

All that damage on the left side was from the door so the sliders wouldn't do anything with that. But now if the bike slid across a parking lot now thats a different story...:grin2:

·
Premium Member
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad that you are not hurt badly, Keep the Food pictures coming !!!!
Yea, I haven't been anywhere lately that has photo worthy food...>:) Just real sore today but i'll take that and be happy..:smile2:

·
Premium Member
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the estimate today.....You might want to sit down....$3356.43

·
Premium Member
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds about right. The stock plastic is not cheap. How long will it be down?

It was a little over 1800.00 in parts and a little over 1300.00 for labor. I think they said within 2 weeks. I'll check this morning when i go pay them the deductible. At first they thought it would take over a week to do the estimate but it was done yesterday.

·
Registered
744 Posts
It was a little over 1800.00 in parts and a little over 1300.00 for labor. I think they said within 2 weeks. I'll check this morning when i go pay them the deductible. At first they thought it would take over a week to do the estimate but it was done yesterday.
Glad to hear you will be back on the road shortly. Rental bike in your future?

·
Premium Member
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Glad to hear you will be back on the road shortly. Rental bike in your future?

Thanks, The guy said if all the parts are in one of their warehouses around a week if something has to come from Japan a little longer. No rental bike i don't get out that much just usually going somewhere for lunch. So I'll just use my Xterra till its out of the shop.

·
Premium Member
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm glad to hear that you made it OK Joe!

Thank You...Just a little bruised and battered nothing that Advil won't take care of...

·
Premium Member
7,772 Posts
Got the news for Phil when he was here on his east asia tour. Glad you are fine.

Take care and be safe, hope to see you ride again soon.

·
Premium Member
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got the news for Phil when he was here on his east asia tour. Glad you are fine.

Take care and be safe, hope to see you ride again soon.

Thanks, Yes from his photos on Facebook it looks like he had a real good time.

Take Care

·
Premium Member
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Just got an e-mail from the insurance. They are mailing the check to the dealership for the full amount. I didn't have to pay the deductible. They waived it since the Jeep guy was 100% at fault. I did point out some scratched up areas on the top case and a hole punched in the top case back rest that they missed on the estimate so they ordered a new Givi E-55 topcase and Back Rest Pad for it and will take the wiring kit out of the old top case and install into the new one. The dealership is just waiting on the T-Rex frame sliders and a lever from Kawasaki to come in. Then they'll get it all together...:smile2::smile2:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts