Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I flew down to Dallas last week and bought my Versys at Kawasaki City in Irving, Texas. Great shop. their prices are clearly listed on the internet. I only took a week off from work so zig-zagged back to Seattle on some of my favorite back roads (3612 miles).
A few observations; I changed oil @ 500 miles (20/50 Castrol), have not added oil since. Gas mileage went from a low of 38.1 (high winds) in Wyoming to a high of 62.4, I'd say 55-60 is average @ touring speeds. Speedo is off (high)by 5mph @ 70 indicated. Top speed, 117 indicated, 109 actual. The only weakness are the tires, they are shot already, I've ordered a set of Avon Storms which should last 10,000+ miles. I've been riding for 46 years and have owned a lot of motorcycles, this Versys could be one of the best. Ride safe.

Gary

Attachments

·
Registered
451 Posts
The only weakness are the tires, they are shot already,
Gary
ive noticed mine tires are starting to not look so hot. im creeping up towards 3k also. eh stock tires are stock tires i guess.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My all time favorite is Highway 191 in Arizona from Clifton-Alpine. Highway 50 in Nevada is great from Ely-Eureka. Oregon Highway 19 and 74... and a lot of other ones. This photo was taken on 789 in Northern Nevada.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Gary,

Great to see there is another Versys in Shoreline! Bought mine a little closer to home (up the street at Lake City Honda/Kawasaki) but am very jealous of the adventure you had picking yours up. Although I've only got about 7 years riding experience I agree with you that it is one of the best - I haven't found anything that it doesn't excel at. I've got over 3000 miles on it since purchasing on March 1st. Haven't had any huge problems with the tires yet other than they just don't feel very confidence inspiring. Anyways, hope to meet you out on the road someday.

-Tim

·
Registered
624 Posts
Bellingham V

Hey guys, lots of twisty deserted roads up here in the far north of Washington. Perhaps a little group ride is in order.

Bob

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
My all time favorite is Highway 191 in Arizona from Clifton-Alpine. Highway 50 in Nevada is great from Ely-Eureka. Oregon Highway 19 and 74... and a lot of other ones. This photo was taken on 789 in Northern Nevada.
Testing your top speed on US-50 is a guaranteed way to kill a tire. It did the same to mine a few weeks ago (trip report posted here). I wholeheartedly agree on those roads picks. Good stuff.

We have organized several rides already, and as soon as Windy Ridge opens, we'll have a ride over there too. To make sure everybody sees it, we can cross-post here too.

Gustavo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts