Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick plug. Although I don't shop there exclusively, I do like to stop in when I am in a city where one is located. Closest to me is Houston. I have also ordered a couple of things online, including a pair of Bilt boots almost two years ago. Wore them infrequently, as I never found them to be as comfortable as my old Tourmaster WP. Went to clean them up the other day, and noticed an area on the side of the right boot where the edge of the rubber sole had separated from the leather upper. CycleGear's house brands (Bilt and Sedici) have 5 year warranties. Was heading to Houston yesterday, and tossed them in my truck. Stopped at one of their locations, showed them the defect, and produced a receipt on my cell phone. He checked for a replacement pair, and none were available. Tried on a few other different models, and couldn't find something I liked. Ended up finding a nice set of Sedici saddlebags, and asked if I could use the boot credit toward their purchase. Yup, no problem.

:thumb:

·
Registered
4,742 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have not had good luck with my purchases from Cycle Gear. I find most of the private branded products there are inferior. They seem to be the Harbor Freight of the industry. Bilt products suck and thats the reality. I prefer to pay for high quality gear and they have some but most of what they sell is junk.

·
Registered
146 Posts
This is my experience:

Boots:
I've bought both, Bilt and Sedici, I have no complains, Sedici has a more appealing design and features most of the times and lifetime warranty. I worn out the soles before the boot got any signs of damage.

Gloves:
Sedici gloves feel more comfortable as they have a softer inner lining. Bilt gloves feel thinner and the leather is no at soft initially until they are broke in.
A set of Sedici perforated leather gloves that is use a lot got the stitches in the thumb loose and it got replaced, no questions asked..

Jackets:
I don't have a Sedici jacket, but have had a few Bilt. On the leather it is a thick leather but it is not as soft as on other brands. I have had issues with the zipper of one jacket that the tabs broke, bilt has 5 year warranty and they replaced the jacket for this. I have a mesh black jacket that I have used for a couple of years under the FL sun, it is comfortable but the color didn't held and nos is a purplish/brownish shade of black/gray.
Mesh jacket compare well against some scorpion jackets I have, however scorpion leather seems to be a finer grain and softer.

Helmets:
Bilt helmets are mad by the Chinese company Yohe (http://www.yhhelmet.com/ last time I checked their helmets were certified with DOT, ECE and NBR) the finish and the materials aren't the best but aren't bad either. With a sport helmet I have, I found that the secure straps are on the short side and stiff and it makes it hard to tie them. The first one I had I returned it when the visor plate holder came off, had a half helmet that was involves in an accident and it did well protecting.

Their warranty is exceptional, they stand behind their product 100%.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts