Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all you guys looking to upgrade your seat consider Terry Adcox at https://www.terryscustomseats.com/ He does a great job and is very reasonable. I paid $275 for what your seeing in the pics. My brother has a Russell Day Long on his BMW and paid $800. This is very comparable to the feel of the Russell Day Long. I have some long trips planned this summer and this is the most affordable and comfortable custom seat I have ever seen. I should have taken my tail bag off for better view but I was in a hurry!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
I had 7 seats on my 09 Versys 650 including a Baldwin Tall, Russell Day-Long, Corbin and others. Best bang for the Buck was the Terry Adcock Seat...

·
Registered
739 Posts
Looks good on that current gen V!

I have gone from stock to a Seat Concepts and am now starting the season with a Sargent. Not saying I'm done yet... I just feel a need to try them all!

:blah:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Be sure and let us know how it goes on those long distance trips with the Adcox.

I had a Russell Day Long on a touring bike once. Did 500 to 900 miles per day for 2 weeks... zero butt ache. If the Terry Adcox is as comfortable on a LD trip as a Russell Day Long, $275 is a screaming deal.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
That's a great price for a very comfortable looking seat.

Adios butt burn.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Spenser (GreatDayToRide.com) does a great job with Sargent seats, FYI. He's worked on two of my Sargets, adding his Supracor material. I can ride my modified Sargent all day long, but I still couldn't resist ordering one from Terry as well. He's supposed to send me one this month.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I'm 5'9" and have no problems getting the balls of both feet down at a stop without sliding forward, and can even flat-foot it if I stretch a bit. Would a "winged" seat like the Russell or Adcox affect that? Would I have to slide forward?

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm 5'9" and have no problems getting the balls of both feet down at a stop without sliding forward, and can even flat-foot it if I stretch a bit. Would a "winged" seat like the Russell or Adcox affect that? Would I have to slide forward?
Given my experience with a Russell Day Long on an ST1100, yes it does because the wings cause your legs to splay out. I could easily flat foot the ST with the stock seat on but when I put the RDL on, I had to slide all the way forward to be able to just barely flat foot the bike. For that reason, I only used the Russell on long distance trips. For local riding I used the stock seat.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Given my experience with a Russell Day Long on an ST1100, yes it does because the wings cause your legs to splay out. I could easily flat foot the ST with the stock seat on but when I put the RDL on, I had to slide all the way forward to be able to just barely flat foot the bike. For that reason, I only used the Russell on long distance trips. For local riding I used the stock seat.
Thanks. I may finally try my hand at an IBA SS1000 this year, so your strategy of swapping seats might be the ticket.

Reactions: timster

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Adcox seat can be modified any way you want. The sliding forward problem is completely eliminated but I wish I would have requested him to lower it, which he will do for a little extra. I found his seat increased my riding height and made it more difficult to plant my feet. I'm 6' with 32" inseam. I ended up installing Motowerk's lowering kit which completely solved the problem. I now have this bike tweaked to my riding preference and I love it! Feels great and handles even better!

·
Registered
132 Posts
For all you guys looking to upgrade your seat consider Terry Adcox at https://www.terryscustomseats.com/ He does a great job and is very reasonable. I paid $275 for what your seeing in the pics. My brother has a Russell Day Long on his BMW and paid $800. This is very comparable to the feel of the Russell Day Long. I have some long trips planned this summer and this is the most affordable and comfortable custom seat I have ever seen. I should have taken my tail bag off for better view but I was in a hurry!
Came across your post as I'm searching for a more comfortable seat. I have the same bike and wanted to know, now that you have probably put in a lot more miles, if you are still happy with the custom seat and to ask if the $275 you paid included you sending back your stock seat to Terry?? and did this include S/H.
Thanks in advance!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
156 Posts
Came across your post...
Funny you should ask...

Before Terry's seat arrived I decided to put my Versys up for sale (see classified section). Haven't ridden his seat yet, keeping it new for resale. Want it? It's new and ready for someone else's butt to break it in.

I have sat on it and it feels amazing. Excellent workmanship.

His "single bucket" seat cost me $250 + $25 shipping to me + shipping your seat to him + the value of your original seat, which you lose.

Mine will appear in the classified section in the next couple days, along with Givi hand guards, a Vstream windshield and factory service manual.

·
Registered
132 Posts
What are you asking for it?
My thought that if on short rides it kept me from flat footing, I could use my stock seat and then for longer hauls, I could use the custom seat.
Let me know what you are thinking.
Thanks

·
Registered
156 Posts
I think once you pop this on your bike, it ain't coming off. It's that comfy. You'll get used to the height and it'll settle down lower after about 500 miles.

How does $225 shipped sound? I'll do that to most US locations. May need a few more dollars if you're west coast. PM me your city, state & ZIP.

(Edit: I see you posted you're in ZIP 45503. I'll do that price to there).

·
Registered
132 Posts
I think once you pop this on your bike, it ain't coming off. It's that comfy. You'll get used to the height and it'll settle down lower after about 500 miles.

How does $225 shipped sound? I'll do that to most US locations. May need a few more dollars if you're west coast. PM me your city, state & ZIP.

$225 shipped sounds good. I assume using PayPal for payment is OK?
Will need your email then.
My info:
Brook Wagaman
1839 Berwick Drive
Springfield, Ohio 45503

So you must have had a 3rd seat your letting go with your bike then?

Can send the payment today once I receive your email.
Thank you!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts