Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just put on my customTaylor33 Kawasaki green highly reflective rim tape on. I cannot recommend this brand enough. First bought some cheap off brand from ebay, did one side of the bike, the tape was thin and the green color wasn't right. Of course the seller said it was kawasaki green, but I didnt like it and took it off. Then I spent the extra money and bought the customTaylor33, directly from their website at 3 x the price of the cheap stuff off ebay. This tape is thicker, much better adhesive and holy crap is it reflective!! And best of its a perfect match on color. Only took about 20 minutes to do all 4 sides of rims. Forget the cheap rim tape people!

·
Registered
2017 Versys-X 300
26 Posts
Did you put them on with the wheels on or off the bike? What did you use to clean your rims? I'm lazy and don't want to mess it up! ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
That looks great! I had to replace my rear tire a few weeks ago due to a staple puncture. My dealer put a new Dunlop on and after picking it up I thought it would be cool to have gotten a raised white letter tire. I really couldn’t find much out there in tires but I found all kinds of YouTube videos of people using tire paint to fill in the manufacturers name on their tires. I don’t know, wasn’t exactly thrilled about having the name Dunlop stand out on my tire. I found some guys at company called Tredwear that make a really cool, customizable product. I put these on my tires a few weeks ago. Took about 6 hours. I think they turned out really good looking,

Reactions: kiwicraig

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
View attachment 180882 View attachment 180883 That looks great! I had to replace my rear tire a few weeks ago due to a staple puncture. My dealer put a new Dunlop on and after picking it up I thought it would be cool to have gotten a raised white letter tire. I really couldn’t find much out there in tires but I found all kinds of YouTube videos of people using tire paint to fill in the manufacturers name on their tires. I don’t know, wasn’t exactly thrilled about having the name Dunlop stand out on my tire. I found some guys at company called Tredwear that make a really cool, customizable product. I put these on my tires a few weeks ago. Took about 6 hours. I think they turned out really good looking,
They do look nice!
View attachment 180882 View attachment 180883 That looks great! I had to replace my rear tire a few weeks ago due to a staple puncture. My dealer put a new Dunlop on and after picking it up I thought it would be cool to have gotten a raised white letter tire. I really couldn’t find much out there in tires but I found all kinds of YouTube videos of people using tire paint to fill in the manufacturers name on their tires. I don’t know, wasn’t exactly thrilled about having the name Dunlop stand out on my tire. I found some guys at company called Tredwear that make a really cool, customizable product. I put these on my tires a few weeks ago. Took about 6 hours. I think they turned out really good looking,
Nice look for sure

·
Super Moderator
19,617 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
So i just put on my customTaylor33 Kawasaki green highly reflective rim tape on. I cannot recommend this brand enough. First bought some cheap off brand from ebay, did one side of the bike, the tape was thin and the green color wasn't right. Of course the seller said it was kawasaki green, but I didnt like it and took it off. Then I spent the extra money and bought the customTaylor33, directly from their website at 3 x the price of the cheap stuff off ebay. This tape is thicker, much better adhesive and holy crap is it reflective!! And best of its a perfect match on color. Only took about 20 minutes to do all 4 sides of rims. Forget the cheap rim tape people! View attachment 180861 View attachment 180859 View attachment 180860
Looks great! So this was their Green color, not the Lime Green?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts