Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is you guys opinion? I am going to the Dragon next week. I saw a road Parson Branch Road. Has water fords. Do You guys think the exhaust is to low to cross the creek Fords( some are up to a foot deep). I think there is 18 creek fords on the road. It looks fun!!

·
Registered
429 Posts
It's your bike. Do you have any experience crossing water? I wouldn't worry too much about the exhaust (gun it), just don't tip over!

Luke

·
Registered
716 Posts
I recently crossed one stream, (twice), on a trip through Colorado. The water was about a foot deep, (in my estimation), and the V crossed successfully both times. I think there are other variables at play than the water's depth which may affect your crossings, especially the submarine topography of your crossings. A well placed rock can thwart your successful crossing in a heartbeat. Either way, have a great trip whatever you decide, and post some pics!

·
Registered
530 Posts
+1 on the water crossing - about a foot deep. Didn't have to worry about rocks - it was flooded road out in the boonies in West Virginia. Like the other's have said keep it moving and don't stall it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.