Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had the bike just under a year. i put just over 10000 miles on it and then hit a deer and totaled it. have my eye on a 2009 versys in pretty good shape.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Wow, what a bummer!!! :eek: I hope you were not injured. Fwiw my 09 has been very reliable, so if it's in good shape, I can recommend an 09.

Only gripe I had is being unable to find a windscreen position that would not buffet me at some speed. So, last week I removed it along with the mounting bracket. And, I love it. Very smooth air and no slapping, blapping noises. May purchase an aftermarket screen in fall, but have not found one that "guarantees" no buffeting.

Were you wearing any protective riding gear when you collided with the deer?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
had the bike just under a year. i put just over 10000 miles on it and then hit a deer and totaled it. have my eye on a 2009 versys in pretty good shape.
Sorry to hear that, praying you are OK. How bad is the bike? Any salvagable parts you could try to sell to recoup SOME back?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
helmet, leathers. a couple brocken bones. feeling alot better now.if i want the bike, i will have to buy the salvage from the insurance co.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Ooof that's no good bud. At least you were able to live through it. Just curious, any reason you would go from a 2011 to a 2009?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts