Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Went down on my red 2008 V yesterday morning on the brooklyn-queens expressway near atlantic avenue on my way to work. This was my first real accident in five years of riding. Very sad. It was really my fault - going to fast in slow traffic. Cars in front of me suddenly stopped and I hit the brakes too hard. Went down on the right side and slid about 15 feet. Got a little hole in my leg - 7 stitches - but other than that i'm in good shape.

The bike is not quite as good - need four parts to get her back to normal. Anyone know where to find the cheapest V parts? I've bought a lot of things off of bikebandit, but they tend to be a little pricey. I saw the list of parts websites, but have no idea where to start. Also, if anyone is parting out a versys, i would be very interested in getting some parts.

Thanks!
aujax

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
crash

thanks kiwi. i keep reminding myself that it could have been a lot worse. just found a site called cheapcycleparts. looks like they're quite a bit cheaper than bikebandit.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I saw some parts last week on Fleabay-US last week too. Looks like someone may have totaled theirs as there were quite a few items for sale from the same guy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
thanks kiwi. i keep reminding myself that it could have been a lot worse. just found a site called cheapcycleparts. looks like they're quite a bit cheaper than bikebandit.
I bought several parts (side cowling, radiator guard, clutch handle...) from cheapcycleparts.com about a month ago. They were about a 1/4 of the cost I was quoted from my Kawasaki dealer. Shipping was a flat rate, I think about $30, so it is reasonable enough if you have a large order, but not for 1 or 2 small items. Shipping was a little slow, about 2 weeks I believe. But all the items were shipped clean, in new OEM packaging. I'd buy from them again.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Glad to here your OK!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Good to here that it wasn't to serious.....I have a 09 blue left side cowling that would repair and repaint if that helps.....

·
Registered
95 Posts
It was really my fault - going to fast in slow traffic. Cars in front of me suddenly stopped and I hit the brakes too hard.
Sorry for your fall! My buddy from work took a fall a month ago, busted his leg... It's good that with you it's a flesh wound, so to speak. Be safe! :goodluck:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
crash

Wow, thanks everyone for the sympathy and kind words. I guess I just have to learn from my mistakes, count my blessings and move on. My bike is red. I was wondering - to anyone who's bought from cheapparts, do the parts come painted? Also, I may need that bar-end and mirror you spoke of loneranger, as mine are a little scratched up...will try to post some pics soon...

thanks!
aujax

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Glad to hear you are ok! Check the shipping prices before you place an order. That is how a lot of them make up the difference.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Get the green parts shipped from UK, put them on your red Versys - just in time for Christmas. Ride in Santa Clause Parade. Or, maybe not.

Sorry for your news, heal fast and ride soon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow, thanks everyone for the sympathy and kind words. I guess I just have to learn from my mistakes, count my blessings and move on. My bike is red. I was wondering - to anyone who's bought from cheapparts, do the parts come painted? Also, I may need that bar-end and mirror you spoke of loneranger, as mine are a little scratched up...will try to post some pics soon...

thanks!
aujax
Yep - they come painted. On the parts list, it'll show the color options for that year model if there's more than one. You do have to order the decals separately though if you want those.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts