Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at bars and the only ones available that I have found are the sw's and the h/b's......I like the h/b's protect the radiator,but likt the way the sw's seem to protect the engine cases more,and actually,to me look better....
My question is,how and where do the h/d's upper loop around the radiator connect?I am considering buying the s/w's and adding a loop to them that protects the rad like the h/d's do......
Hoodlum

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
There's a flat connector bar across the top of the radiator.

·
Registered
47 Posts
To be more specific, the flat connector bar attaches the top of the left guard to the top of the right guard, but not directly to the bike. An impact to the top portion of the guard relies on the stiffness of the bars on the impact side as well as the opposite side.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To be more specific, the flat connector bar attaches the top of the left guard to the top of the right guard, but not directly to the bike. An impact to the top portion of the guard relies on the stiffness of the bars on the impact side as well as the opposite side.
Gotcha....Thanks......
Hoodlum

·
Premium Member
16,249 Posts
H/B's are extremly sturdy. I have no vibration issue with them and i like the way they look on the bike. :)

·
Registered
901 Posts
ISn't SW Motech German as well??

·
Premium Member
16,249 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,751 Posts
I had a 15 mph low-side onto my H-Bs and Zeta handguards (without the plastic pieces) and just put scratches into each (left side), but I 'tweaked' my shifter. Heated red with an acetylene torch, a piece of hardwood behind then gently twisted with a 13 or 14 mm combination wrench - ALMOST good as new.
Fixed the scratches with silver reflective tape for the Zeta, and, believe it or not - 2 pieces (5"?) of electricians tape to camouflage the H-B. :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
When i had my face plant the other day my Motechs ( Twisted Throttle ) worked perfect , my bike went down pretty hard on the right side and there is no damage to the body. The hand guard is shaved down and the blinker is roughed up just a little bit on the end but all else is great.... Never thought i would need them ( crash guard ) but it was money well spent.

·
Registered
239 Posts
For me crash bars are not an option. By the time I put a tank bag over a full tank of gas, load up my bedroll, luggage and tent, the V is definitely top heavy. This summer after refueling I decided to push the bike from the pump to get it out of the way while visiting the c-store and plop! Another plop last weekend in the garage even without all the gear. The H/B's worked great.

Electrical tape over the scratches--pure genius!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts