Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The most often mentioned crash bars that I've see on this site are SW Motech, Givi, and Dimotiv.

Which of these 3 offer the best fairing protection? Most of the pictures I've seen of these installed are side shots which don't show how far they stick out.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
trex

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
I would contact Twisted Throttle for their opinion as they sell both. In a pinch you could order both the Givi and SW-Motech and return one. I have the SW-Motech and am very happy and have tested them in a few tip overs and a minor crash. No experience with the Givi however there is a comparison thread on this site if you search.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would contact Twisted Throttle for their opinion as they sell both. In a pinch you could order both the Givi and SW-Motech and return one. I have the SW-Motech and am very happy and have tested them in a few tip overs and a minor crash. No experience with the Givi however there is a comparison thread on this site if you search.

Did the SW-Motech protect your fairings??

·
Super Moderator
19,629 Posts
Here's the SW-Motech ones on my Gen 3 (have NOT dropped it yet, so no comments on protection).

Here's a view looking forward....

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Here's the SW-Motech ones on my Gen 3 (have NOT dropped it yet, so no comments on protection).

Here's a view looking forward....

I noticed the word "yet." Here is a gentleman with a realistic understanding of riding, particularly off-road. I certainly don't wish that you drop your beautiful green machine, but it's nice to know you've dressed it to reduce damage when "the drop" does occur.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For fairing protection, your best bet for the 15+ is going to be the touratech guards.

Looks like they don't sell one for the 2015 & 2016 Versys.

Too late anyway as I just ordered the SW Motech bars.

·
Super Moderator
19,629 Posts
For fairing protection, your best bet for the 15+ is going to be the touratech guards.
I wonder how accessible the removal of fairings for maintenance will be w/ these, or will they need to be removed FIRST...?

I had concerns about the SW-Motech, but they give plenty of room for access.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts