Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lil' Red had been feeling neglected since a new mate arrived in her stable. We headed to Mercer and "MacDowell" counties in the heart of the southern WV coalfields to stretch her legs a bit.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Couldn't tell if you laid the V down or not? Nice ride, reminds me of the roads up in the western Carolina Mtns.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Happy to report that the pup, my Versys and me all made it through the brief ordeal unscathed. Well after I checked my shorts, I was ok. :)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Good on ya mate!! I did enjoy that as I grew up in "Mac"Dowell. Over there in a suburb of War called Caretta and Coalwood. Home of the Rocket Boys, Homer Hickam and many other famous mountain men:D. I live in Beckley now and how about you?
Good job!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good on ya mate!! I did enjoy that as I grew up in "Mac"Dowell. Over there in a suburb of War called Caretta and Coalwood. Home of the Rocket Boys, Homer Hickam and many other famous mountain men:D. I live in Beckley now and how about you?
Good job!
Thank you. First time I ever thought of Caretta and Coalwood as suburbs :). WV 16 is a favorite stem to ride as I zig and zag on and off of the backroads down that way.

I live in western Greenbrier Co., near the Sam Black Church exit off I-64. I've only seen one other Versys on the road in WV. We might oughta go fer a ride sometime...though Ma Nature seems to be intent putting an end to this riding season.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Those suburbs have seen better days, mining days anyway. I would love to meet up and ride with ya if my busy retirement schedule would allow. I bought my V off a guy just north of Lewisburg. 2008 with less than 1000m on it. I am quite happy with the purchase and I'm trying to make a poor mans dual sport moto camping tourer out of it........ I see (profile) that you have an FJR and I have a Honda ST1300 that I really like to do long trips on and 2 up. I am starting to believe I can be comfortable on the V too but have not taken it on a long ride over say 150 miles yet.
I saw at least one of your other videos and glad you are posting them. I bought a GoPro but got lazy with the editing and posting stuff.
Ride safe and keep that camera rollin,
Joe

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had done 400 mile days on the Versys several times. It can be done comfortably with a few farkles.

I guess I should update my profile. Had an FJR. But it went bye bye when a new Super Tenere followed me home...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Every time I watch one of your videos I start checking plane ticket prices! Hahaha!! Wish I could get back home & take the Versys...
So, Bear, where was home, back in the day??
I have a good friend near Houston and a cousin in Austin. I may be back in the area (Houston) after new years.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Had done 400 mile days on the Versys several times. It can be done comfortably with a few farkles.

I guess I should update my profile. Had an FJR. But it went bye bye when a new Super Tenere followed me home...
That Yamaha looks like a sweet ride. I do like the shaft drive motorcycles. I will have to learn how to maintain chains. That bike makes me think you're a serious touring kinda guy. We should have lunch and discuss it.
Ride Safe,
Jose

1 - 14 of 14 Posts