Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else seen this? Had the bike for only two weeks and the plastic boot (for lack of a better term) is already cracking in the location shown in the picture on both mirrors...

I am not too terribly concerned, but being a bit anal retentive when it comes to keeping my toys nice, it kinda tee's me off...

Attachments

·
Registered
440 Posts
Isn't that thing rubber-like?

Anyway, If it bothers you, take it to the dealer and have them order you a new one. Use the warranty, that's what it's there for!

·
Registered
27 Posts
this happened to my mirrors. you should go get them replaced because my right side mirror came apart on the highway and just flapped in the wide useless. but since i bought my 07 Versys used the warranty had already ran out. I now have mirrors from a 08' Triumph speedtriple and they are a far better mirror, the (plastic boot) is metal of some kind.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Has anyone else seen this? Had the bike for only two weeks and the plastic boot (for lack of a better term) is already cracking in the location shown in the picture on both mirrors...

I am not too terribly concerned, but being a bit anal retentive when it comes to keeping my toys nice, it kinda tee's me off...
Mine are doing the same thing but I'm not going to bother getting them replaced I am going to get a mirror that has better rear vis.

·
Registered
79 Posts
the Speedtriple mirrors let you see behind you no problem, you can even see one lane over.
Have a pic of them on your bike, and did you get them from a dealer or the good ole internet??

·
Registered
79 Posts
anyman & golfmuch it's hard to tell exactly from the pics but how did you mount your mirrors? golfmuch - It's hard to tell if you have them mounted to the handlebar or the right over the barend. antman - your's look like you have them between the barend and the end of the handlebar.....

·
Registered
754 Posts
Thats exactly right. I had to cut the grip about an eighth of an inch. I just cut it at the final grip line on both sides. The throttle also had to be cut about an eighth. Because the bars arent hollow at the ends, they are welded and threaded for the bar end weights, I opted to use the clamp around the bar option. Plus I wanted to keep the bar end weights installed to help with the vibes.

I guess you could cut off the ends of the bars and install them using the bar end option which is designed for use with hollow end bars, but I'm not sure how the vibes would be since you would not be able to use your bar end weights.

·
Registered
31 Posts
mirrors

just order a set of the kawasaki z1000 mirrors. They bolt right on and are far superior to the standard mirrors. They even look cool.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts