Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone else experienced cracking of the rear grab handles? I went out today and as I walked up to the bike I noticed cracks on both handles. They looked like white lines in the plastic, but on closer inspection it was obvious they are cracked. The cracks are ahead of the front mounting tabs. This is an 08, never down and stored indoors.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yep. My '08 had cracks in both handles when I bought it used in '09. An SWM rack solved the problem (and holds my trunk).

Michael

·
Premium Member
16,153 Posts
I seen several post here on the subject. but all seemed to be 08's. I took them off my 09 and it looks better to me.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Yes I have one on my right rear handle. No big deal only use them for tiedowns

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback, I guess I missed the previous reports. If they get worse I'll just trim the ends and call it custom:D

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
You guys haven't been hauling my sister around, have you?

·
Registered
38 Posts
My 08 had cracks showing at about 3k and my 09 had a crack showing with only 80 miles on it when I bought it. I guess its a good thing the versys has no centerstand because the grab handle would probably break off in no time

·
Registered
257 Posts
mine has cracks in both (2007) but it just seems cosmetic. I suspect there's a metal insert inside...anybody got access to an x-ray machine... it'd be nice to know for sure...lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah, my 2008 has them two. It is either from riding two-up or from when I push my bike around the garage. No biggie.
-Rap

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Yep, another 08 with the cracks. I used black rtv sealant to make it less an eyesore. A while back someone gave theirs away and they were gone in a moment.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I know this is an old thread... but I just noticed cracks in both the handles on my '08. It's like the plastic shrunk and split toward the front of the handles. I don't use them for tie-downs, although I do have top and side racks.

At least I'm no the only one, and I don't plan on worrying too much about it.

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I have no cracks but I do use mine for trick riding. Sometime they are the only thing holding me to the bike as I slide behind the bike! :thumb:
:cheers::cheers:
:joke: Just tie downs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts