Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how to help this guy. "Kevin" has been married 9 years and he finds out his wife is having an affair, for just over four years. He's torn up about it, but is trying to find out how he can make it better for her so she will end the affair. That's right, she is still seeing the other guy.

I'm lost at why he doesn't go to a divorce lawyer and get out of this mess. No kids.

·
Registered
456 Posts
He is in denial, give him some time and he'll come around...

He is being the "dumpee" in the relationship, probably for her, the "dumper" the relationship has been over for a while. He must be shocked, unaware of how bad things were and thinking that he might still have chance to recover her... Like every guy that has been dumped.

If she is smart, she'll just string him along, he is just an idiot that pays the bills and sleeps in the couch. Like a pet, a pet that brings money into the house. Eventually he'll realize it or he'll continue being a doormat and there is nothing you can do about it, nothing.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I'll paraphrase something a comedian once said. Hoping a marriage in which one partner is having an affair will become a marriage in which the wayward partner becomes loving and faithful once again is like going to the fridge, finding out that the milk is bad and then putting it back and expecting it to be good tomorrow.

Unfortunately, no one else can solve "Kevin's" problem but "Kevin." Wish him the best of luck whatever he does, but miracles are very few and far between these days it seems.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
If you're not "the other guy" there's not much you can do about their marriage. The only thing you can do for him is be supportive. He will eventually ask you would you think he should do, then you can tell him the truth.

This would be a much tougher question to answer if you know she was having an affair and he didn't, that's a nightmare.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It really is sad too. Kevin had a good attitude and was fun to be around. Now, he is just crushed. His wife was really nice too. I never suspected a thing.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I know a woman that's been married to the same guy for 30+ years.

She is always having a little affair with someone. I could probably name ten of them right now.

He can't be that dense. He MUST now about it.

I keep my mouth shut. None of my business.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm not sure a Versys forum is the place to be seeking answers to this sort of question.
I think he would get much better advice on a Ducati forum :D
Unhappy marriage or a Multi-Strada? Hmmm...

·
Premium Member
16,105 Posts
Take him to a strip club!!!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
One of the things I like best about this forum is that no one here has had an affair and no one here is married to someone who has had an affair. What a flawless group of people!

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
One of the things I like best about this forum is that no one here has had an affair and no one here is married to someone who has had an affair. What a flawless group of people!
Are you being sarcastic?

I will celebrate 30 years this September. Never thought about having an affair, and if she is, she is doing an excellent job hiding it. I guess many people enter marriage with blinders on because they are 'in love'. A guy enters a marriage hoping his wife never changes, and a girl enters a marriage hoping to change him.

Sad for your friend, and change is tough. There is no way I could share my wife with another man. I guess he has several choices, stay with her and have an affair also. This could work if she makes more money than him. Start hiding assets, drain the bank accounts, and move out. Kick her out. Demand she stop and go to counseling.

Thankfully there are no kids involved.

·
Super Moderator
18,983 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,105 Posts

Must be a touchy subject for ya.:interesting:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I'm not sure a Versys forum is the place to be seeking answers to this sort of question.
I think he would get much better advice on a Ducati forum :D
Unhappy marriage or a Multi-Strada? Hmmm...

BMW forums, those GUYS are all way too close, I think they are all cheating with each other.

Harley Davidson forum.....Well, enough said.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Offer support as best you can, especially while imbibing some truth serum.
Repeat as needed, but don't expect change until friend want change.
Repeat as needed.
Be prepared to lose friend if your support turns to suggestions.
Be prepared to have to face the fuc...g cheats smile sometime since she knowns you know.
Repeat as needed.
Friends are people we know everything wrong about but we still consider them to be friends.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts