Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, is it my immagination or did I see some pictures somewhere on the forum of someone who had installed sliders on the bottom bolt of the right ad left cowling? If you have seen this post or know what I am talking about, please let me know where it is or provide a pic and details.

Thanks!

Kris

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so far guys but I have engine guards already. I saw a picture of somebody's bike, I can't remember where, but they had what looked similar to swingarm spools attached to the plastic cowling where the "versys" logo is; on the bottom bolt on the side; looked like a good way to protect the tank / side of the bike. I swear I am not crazy. I will buy a beer for the first person to find this picture; I swear!

Thanks for all your help.

Kris

·
Registered
272 Posts
I swear I am not crazy. I will buy a beer for the first person to find this picture; I swear!

Thanks for all your help.

Kris[/QUOTE]

Wel Tig you just got yourself a beer

·
Registered
186 Posts
I used the handle bar vibration dampers left over from the handguard install. There is a 1" steel spacer behind them.

Added a couple of things since then.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Excellent mod!!! Looks like you're ready to go sliding!
Yeah, tell us more about the bars and pegs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
the sw bars look strong but i wouldn't trust those fairing sliders. behind that bolt is a very weak bracket that would collapse on impact and drive the slider into the fairing. i know this because my wife went down at low speed and broke her fairing and that bracket folded like a house of cards.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is the reason you should NOT use frame sliders. ~15-20 mph lay down on gravel road.

This damage was done WITHOUT sliders. If I had sliders, I think I would have had much more damage (i.e. the sliders would have torn away more of the under lying structure since that bracket is just there to hold the fairing off the tank.)

BTW, Retail is ~ $107 for that bracket. :rolleyes: Don't ask me how I know.

Paul

1 - 15 of 15 Posts