Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a nice four hour ride today, mostly back roads, then zipped home on the highway. Back roads were 40-50 mph and nicely curvy. Opened it up on the highway to about 90 and it is equally fun at both speeds.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Nice pics - no trespassing sign reminds me of some of the backwoods movies. Watch your back - lol
Yeah, what he said! The NC border near GA has a lot of moon shiners and pot growers with big fast dogs. They also sprinkle nails in the gravel which can be an inconvenience too for a motorcycle when they double puncture your tire (curved nails.)

I personally stay away from non-paved roads for many reasons.

No trespassing in the country means, "GET AWAY!"

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Hey Steve, North Andover? Andover is my home town, or as close to one as I'll ever get. Came into the world in Lawrence General Hospital and lived at 11 Locke St. a long time ago. Have an aunt who still lives there.

Nice photos by the way. Is the bridge near Andover? I don't remember ever seeing a covered bridge in my childhood wanderings.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Arion, my hometown is North Reading, but now I am living in North Andover.
The bridge is in Rutland Ma, out near Fitchburg. It is a privately owned bridge that popped up in my search for bridges in Ma. It is my goal to hit all the covered bridges in New England.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Hey Steve, North Andover? Andover is my home town, or as close to one as I'll ever get. Came into the world in Lawrence General Hospital and lived at 11 Locke St. a long time ago. Have an aunt who still lives there.

Nice photos by the way. Is the bridge near Andover? I don't remember ever seeing a covered bridge in my childhood wanderings.
Arion, my hometown is North Reading, but now I am living in North Andover.
The bridge is in Rutland Ma, out near Fitchburg. It is a privately owned bridge that popped up in my search for bridges in Ma. It is my goal to hit all the covered bridges in New England.
Born I Methuen myself. I now identify as a southerners.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts