Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so a while back i droped my bike. I was lucky and got away with a few light scratches. I had to do something so i went to autozone and bought a fake carbon fibre roll of stick on came home made a pattern and this is what i came up with. You get like 6 feet of the stuff for 10 bucks so i made it big enough to cover the screw hole knowing i could always do it again if i had to take it off. Works for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Damn, that's really creative and looks good too. I probably would never have thought of that, but I'll sure keep it in mind even though I hope I won't drop the bike (yeah, right). :D

·
Premium Member
16,147 Posts
:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
687 Posts
You could do a little cut out for the screw. As it is it wouldn't work for me as I take the plastics off regularly to do maintenance. Good if it works for you though.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I borrowed your idea Rudyfish.
Tired of the black scuffing on my rearsets (Kawi changing those to black was smart), So I used the same carbon fibre vinyl on each side. Then added a little touch to the gas cap too:

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I borrowed your idea Rudyfish.
Tired of the black scuffing on my rearsets (Kawi changing those to black was smart), So I used the same carbon fibre vinyl on each side. Then added a little touch to the gas cap too:

I like that solution! I've had the same scuffling issue but wasn't as clever. I just put a Joe Rocket oval decal on each side. The faux carbon looks much better.:thumb: Is it self-adhesive?

·
Super Moderator
19,138 Posts
I like that solution! I've had the same scuffling issue but wasn't as clever. I just put a Joe Rocket oval decal on each side. The faux carbon looks much better.:thumb: Is it self-adhesive?
Yes. But it WILL wear. Mine have!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Nice idea, Rudyfish. (Hopefully I'll never need it!)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
one more

here is another cover up. then i can see im going to do what arion did.
OK so a while back i droped my bike. I was lucky and got away with a few light scratches. I had to do something so i went to autozone and bought a fake carbon fibre roll of stick on came home made a pattern and this is what i came up with. You get like 6 feet of the stuff for 10 bucks so i made it big enough to cover the screw hole knowing i could always do it again if i had to take it off. Works for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
not so

it looks out of porportion but when you step back and see the bike it looks pretty good. but them im use to humble pie.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good work. I didn't know that kind of material even existed. :huh:

Got me thinking of a lot of different things I could do with it...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts