Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Hmmm.... interesting. I'm not sure why the tag didn't work. I got it to work, but only by "right clicking" on the pic in your gallery and selecting "copy image location" from the drop down menu, then pasting that into the "insert picture" icon on the reply box.

[IMG]http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=363&pictureid=2670

·
Premium Member
16,222 Posts
Like the first photo.But bet the second photo has a much better story...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Wow that aint no fire road...
Looks to be a bit much for the V

·
Registered
716 Posts
Wow that aint no fire road...
Looks to be a bit much for the V
I doubt that it was too much for the Versys, at least not based on the photo. Looks more like rider error to me, in that he was trying to avoid the muck by riding over the log placed diagonally to his direction of travel with muddy tires, rather than at a right angle to it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm.... interesting. I'm not sure why the tag didn't work. I got it to work, but only by "right clicking" on the pic in your gallery and selecting "copy image location" from the drop down menu, then pasting that into the "insert picture" icon on the reply box.
[/quote]

Thx:thumb:! I'll try this next time.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some explanations to avoid speculations :D

First picture was taken when I was at Lake Labelle in Quebec. I stopped to take a picture of the lake, crossed the street took the shot, then I turned around to go back to the motorcycle. Then I saw that stylish colored stone wall. What a great background for the grey versys I thought.

The second picture. I was riding on a fire road then saw an interesting trail to follow. A bit later the trail turned muddy - it was on a down slope. So I decided to continue. I thought it was over...but later the trail suddenly degenerated to much more mud...(long story here)...finally got stock for the second time, as seen on the picture. The only way to get out of this was to lay the bike then put logs under the back wheel to avoid it going again into the hole I had previously dug.

I have written a detailed ride report here with more shots in case you are interested.
Also available in french here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts