Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Hmmm... They look pretty good to me. Maybe it's a getting familiar thing. Nice colors! Did you use a program to adjust them, or is that straight from the camera?

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
Just a couple of pics from the GoPro Wide I got.
I am not sure I like the camera yet... Maybe I had higher expectations.
I think they look great especially for a 5mp camera did you have the chest mount strap. I have the GoPro HD on the way all the photos i've seen have been impressive especially the underwater shots.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Nice shots, I didn't like my Go Pro at first but I'm getting used to. What I don't like is not being able to shoot video and then edit the footage. For You Tube you have to keep your vids short to 10 minutes or less. With my old helmet cam I can shoot 3 hours of video, bring it home and using movie maker I can edit the footage and make short movies for You Tube or whatever.

Donn

·
Registered
901 Posts
for a 5mp I think they look great...I have an older Hero I think it was 3MP I used for Kayaking and was disappointing with the results. I think what I didn't like most was no screen to view the picture after you shot it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The camera shines on its videos more than just pics. Still, hard to beat that definition on the sky with vivid color of bike. Very nice.
The video is the part that I'm not so jazzed about. The videos on the gopro website were crystal clear. The ones I shot seemed to be less clear. Also I need to find a better mounting point. Pics 1 and 3 were taken using the suction cup mount on the tank. Video from there is a little shakey. Shooting video from the helmet doesn't show how far one leans the bike because you keep your head level with the horizon.... anyone using gopro getting good results from a different spot??

·
Registered
89 Posts
I think it's a toss-up on camera choices. I know lots of people with a GoPro version. I went with the Tachyon XC. when I got it FOV choices were like 50 or wide for the gopro & the tach is 90. However/whereever you mount it get a leash on it. I lost mine in the city & was so lucky to find it..& every trackday someone has their camera get off the bike early. Leash Law.

Attachments

·
Registered
718 Posts
The video is the part that I'm not so jazzed about. The videos on the gopro website were crystal clear. The ones I shot seemed to be less clear. Also I need to find a better mounting point. Pics 1 and 3 were taken using the suction cup mount on the tank. Video from there is a little shakey. Shooting video from the helmet doesn't show how far one leans the bike because you keep your head level with the horizon.... anyone using gopro getting good results from a different spot??

I like the way mine worked out.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Moonshine Run in Arkansas. Two weeks of just riding around and exploring the area. We had a a great time and the people are so friendly I would have swore I was in Texas.
Yea, at first I thought you were filming in Florida, but I KNOW you don't have curves or elevation there! :D I almost called BS, then I saw the title. Heh heh...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts