Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
V quick post, might be of use to someone? (If cheap! )

soft luggae arrived just before big trip couple of years ago, sagged etc. So quickly knocked up a couple of stays from scrap. I wanted simple, light, cheap, and worked well but I lost them/found one again in the garage, and as needing again, will make again, Maybe get fancy or keep as is? but principle will be the same.

simple using one screw, Bright steel 18mm tube, Stay at 45deg when down so cant punture tyre in an off. Stay up or go in bag when not in use. Weight nothing. no sharp edges.

Other mod is converted my rear stand to a trolley as always needing to move bikes around. See pics. Works well. Note 75mm or bigger solid wheels are best and Lockable.

cheers

chopped original double wheels off, mig'd on small castors. Rubber comes off, so used bigger solid ones.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Do I see Sato rear sets on the GXR?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I just need something like your rear stand to be able to move the V in my garage :)
Nice...... you gave me a good idea;
thx

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
. you gave me a good idea;
thx
I just copied the idea from ones you can buy, but its a waste if already have stands. Got 6 secondhand castors off ebay for $15. Note, ideally get direction lockable up front (bigger ones tend to have as part of brake mech)

sato? - no, chinese rip offs of diamaonds. Had very expenisve crescent suzuki ones, as so often is the case, they were crap!

Lap times? - not sure? GSXR 1:40;ish on TD's. Versys?, around 1:50'ish which says more about the V than it does the GSXR.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
You could use a pair of roller skate wheels also.

·
Registered
88 Posts
133bhp, how did you create the flattened section and did you use the original bolt from the subframe
Cheers
Darren

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I used an some 3/4mm metal strips had lying around to form a |_| shape, welded tube to that. But Cut Box section if the way to go. will Need a longer bolt.

In liue of a pipe bender, plan was/is to form some wire, simlar to rear footrest to extend out/spread lead even more. (curved to fit body when up)

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
got around to finishing.

Not a fan of heavy bracketry/seems overkill? And wanted something to fit in the with rest of bike somewhat/simple and cheap.

quickly chucked on the bags without adjusting for photo but you get the idea. Test loaded with heavy junk they stay vertical. Can be postioned up/down/where you like or removed when get where your going. Also acts as extra bungee poiints.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts