Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Added $10 sidestand footpad from Amazon, $10 Roan Cell phone mount and a $20 Wind deflector from eBay which actually works pretty good. After buying the cell phone mount I got an email saying if I did a review they would send me another......and they did.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have that sidestand, found on ebay I think. I can vouch for it so far, it hasn't come loose and I like the better ground coverage.

·
Premium Member
9,203 Posts
Cell Phone Mount

Added $10 sidestand footpad from Amazon, $10 Roan Cell phone mount and a $20 Wind deflector from eBay which actually works pretty good. After buying the cell phone mount I got an email saying if I did a review they would send me another......and they did.
Possibly it is the angle of the shot, I just don't see how it works.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Agreed - it is almost a compulsory add-on when parking on anything other than seal or concrete. I also took the grinder to the side stand bracket so that the stand sits further forward for a more stable stance on uneven ground.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for posting this! I just got back from a rally and the stock windshield sends bugs right into the logo on the forehead of my helmet. Like nature whacking me in the head all ride long! That should send em up a little higher. Is it easy to attach and detach? I don’t think I’d want it for the daily ride, just longer trips.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Easy as. The bracket attaches to the screen with 2 hex screws, 6 or 8 mm.
There is a silicone plastic wraparound pad to prevent damage to the existing screen. Two more hex heads attach the deflector to its bracket.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Phone mount

I cut up some scrap metal with my tin snip and drilled it out to mount behind the windshield. Attached a ram ball to it and now have an over-dash cell phone mount. I found that it was pretty bouncy with the thinner metal, but I added a curved piece that rests on the plastic above the dash to eliminate most of the wobbles.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I bought a Roam cell phone mount and it works great. Phone is steady and rock solid. Roam sent me an email and said they would send me another one if I gave them a review on Amazon and they did. My son put it on his mountain bike and has given it a punishing test....working for him.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts