Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Interesting. A middle-weight DR makes more sense to me with the sub-500lbs wet KTM and Yamaha ADV bikes coming to market now. But each company has their own strategy any new bikes coming out now have likely been in the making for years, and the big ADV market is something everyone wants a piece of no doubt.

Kawi needs to do something similar to stay relevant

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agreed. Something in the 750 - 900cc class. I love the smoothness of an inline 4 and really like the linear power of a triple. For that class it would need 19" rims and probably lose some of the nimbleness of the V. I don't know of Kawi would ever bring back a triple but a modern version would be neat to see. They'll have to do something to be competitive. There's definitely a market between the 600's and the 1k's

·
Premium Member
7,879 Posts
Agreed. Something in the 750 - 900cc class. I love the smoothness of an inline 4 and really like the linear power of a triple. For that class it would need 19" rims and probably lose some of the nimbleness of the V. I don't know of Kawi would ever bring back a triple but a modern version would be neat to see. They'll have to do something to be competitive. There's definitely a market between the 600's and the 1k's
Agreed , some thing in between what the versys can offer. 650/1000.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts