Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,748 Posts
Well then - we AGREE to DISAGREE!

(FWIW - I went to university on a math major....)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Well then - we AGREE to DISAGREE!

(FWIW - I went to university on a math major....)
Perhaps I am wrong... :unsure:

I dropped out of secondary school at 15 years of age... having said that;
in my early 20s I was employed by IBM. "They" trained me
and called me an engineer. During my induction, I was informed by my manager
that my IQ (as tested by IBM at Northbourne Ave Canberra Australia, where it
was located at the time) "is about 131"... won't get me into MENSA, but still well above average.

If you show me your figures that prove the current population of 7.8 billion will
continue to grow (with the proviso of couples having a maximum of 2 children
ie one child per parent) over a time frame of 300 years, Taking into account
the couples that wont produce 2 children due to want, need or medical inability, and those
that die by accident or disease and other causes, I will concede...

Good luck with that Ed. (y)(y)

·
Registered
654 Posts
If i recall correctly, there has been some new evidence uncovered that has pushed the timeline of humans in the Americas back to an astonishing 130,000 years ago, based on marks left on woolly mammoth bones by humans trying to get to the marrow, though the evidence is still disputed. But yes, that's going off topic on a discussion that has already gone off topic, haha.

Anyway, bringing it all together, maybe motorcycling MIGHT go away, if we end up destroying ourselves and turning the earth into a hellscape. Still, i've seen lots of motorcycles in of post-apocalyptic films and i love their steampunk designs, including crudely welded spikes and steel plates, dangling chains, and giant tailpipes. Who knows, maybe the end of the world could create a boom in engineering creativity as we try to navigate rough climates and completely deteriorating roads, giving motorcycling the boost it desperately needs.
I saw a great graph a few years ago prepared by one of the climatologists who is labeled as a "ludite" due to his beliefs, but it seemed pretty hard for anyone to refute. It depicted a 400,000 year temperature variation graph, and it looked pretty clear that we have these 50,000 year cycles. The bad news is that we are only in about year 45,000 of the current cycle that is trending upward with increasing temperatures for a few thousand years. this was going to occur with or without the industrial revolution that was a mere 175 years ago. With regards to man made CO2, there is a price to pay for everything we like. I guess humankind should never have been allowed to learn how to harness the power of fire. think how nice the earth would be if there were only a few million people existing. Of course that would mean that the motorcycle would never have been invented, so maybe it not such a good idea. RIDE WHILE WE CAN.

·
Registered
73 Posts
If i recall correctly, there has been some new evidence uncovered that has pushed the timeline of humans in the Americas back to an astonishing 130,000 years ago, based on marks left on woolly mammoth bones by humans trying to get to the marrow, though the evidence is still disputed. But yes, that's going off topic on a discussion that has already gone off topic, haha.

Anyway, bringing it all together, maybe motorcycling MIGHT go away, if we end up destroying ourselves and turning the earth into a hellscape. Still, i've seen lots of motorcycles in of post-apocalyptic films and i love their steampunk designs, including crudely welded spikes and steel plates, dangling chains, and giant tailpipes. Who knows, maybe the end of the world could create a boom in engineering creativity as we try to navigate rough climates and completely deteriorating roads, giving motorcycling the boost it desperately needs.
God, I miss Dennis Hopper!

41 - 44 of 44 Posts