Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called a place today to price painting my "V". Changing the color overall. Mostly out of curiousity. I trust these guys, they have done 4 repair paint jobs for me. Cars though, thanks to my better halfs terrible driving. They also do a lot of high end stuff, so all of the jobs they do have a lifetime warrenty. For bikes, they start at $600 and go up. So given my guesstimation, bike and wheels would be just under $1k. I am not sure if that is high or not. Has anyone ever had a bike painted. Say within the past 2-3 years. Is this high or is it a decent price. I am probably going to work an angle to see if I can get them to cut me some slack being as though I have to take our 2 month old 08 Accord there for an estimate, thanks to the better halfs efforts at trying to rip the front bumper off while backing out of the driveway. What do you guys think? To high?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I talked to a guy that owns a paint & body shop and he quoted me $600. This included all the red and the silver plastic pieces. It did not include the rims. So it sounds like the two guys are pretty close in price.

·
Registered
159 Posts
There is really no roof to a price on a good pait job, keep in mind after new paint ou will have some orange peel, which on a bike really stands out, and it would need to be buffed to get rid of it, meaning more shop hours. you will get several numbers from different shops but it mainly depends on the producs used, and prep labor. most shops run around 55 60 an hour. I know a great place in tacoma, some friends of mine own it, and tht went to the same autobody school that i did, they are good. you could also save some money by dissasembling it yourself, and scuffing it really good. another thing to remember is that in reality, no paint is like factor paint, other than that if you still want it dont, i woudnt look around for bottom dollar, you get what you pay for! May i recomend orange????

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is really no roof to a price on a good pait job, keep in mind after new paint ou will have some orange peel, which on a bike really stands out, and it would need to be buffed to get rid of it, meaning more shop hours. you will get several numbers from different shops but it mainly depends on the producs used, and prep labor. most shops run around 55 60 an hour. I know a great place in tacoma, some friends of mine own it, and tht went to the same autobody school that i did, they are good. you could also save some money by dissasembling it yourself, and scuffing it really good. another thing to remember is that in reality, no paint is like factor paint, other than that if you still want it dont, i woudnt look around for bottom dollar, you get what you pay for! May i recomend orange????
Quality is why I like this shop. They give a lifetime guarantee on the paint job. I can save about $180 if I take it apart myself. I have never seen a motorcycle there before, I have seen one of the original "General Lee" cars being rebuilt with the cast's autographs on the dash, but have never seen a bike. So I wasn't sure if painting a bike was estimated the same as a car, or what. To totally repaint my Nissan 300, $1500. Bike, about $500 cheaper. Just seemed odd. Especially for the small amount of work that would have to be performed compared to the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.