Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bit the bullet and ordered one last week. I just got a notice from Corbin saying that this was their busy season and it would take 4-5 weeks for delivery. I will post pics and first impressions once it arrives.

I have never spent so much for an accessory on a bike in my life but my wife won't ride without a backrest and my back is killing me on the stock seat so fingers crossed!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Earlier I did a mod to my seat that helped but still wasn't good enough. Then some pics of the Corbon seat were shown and how it "cupped" in the rear of the seat to "cradle" the butt.

I then went at the seat again with my trusty files so that the center of the seat from the front to back is level as the back left and right side cup up above level. After two trips, I can say that the seat is really nice now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am tall as well. I ordered the Corbin seat. I asked them to make it taller. They told me it would be up to 6 weeks, but I received it in exactly 2 weeks! The seat is about 2" taller than stock and it was INSTANTLY comfortable, for me at least. I also have the Vario adjustable footpegs with the 50mm (~2 inches) lower arms installed. The bike now fits me perfectly.
I am 6'7" with a 37" inseam.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Two weeks-that's great!

How do you like the Vario pegs? I put on the 30mm drop and like the position but I don't like the fact that the pegs are noticeably narrower. The added width of the adjuster also means I have to point my toes in to shift and brake. I know that I could bend the shifter and brake pedal but my preference has always been to make changes that can readily revert back to stock.

Ed

·
Registered
47 Posts
I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A PICTURE OF YOUR CORBIN SEAT. I have
thought about ordering one and asking them to raise the front of
the seat about one half an inch.
dmc51

·
Registered
699 Posts
It seems a bit lower to me. Yeah the looseness of the cover was from my decision to not get the stitching. Something about that the old glue they used to use was banned by the EPA, or some sorta crapola like that. Considering that the seating surface is leather not vinyl, like stock. It might actually give the seat a little room to shrink over the years without pulling the stitching. Or at least thats the story I'm goin' with. To be honest, I'm not sure I made the best choice as far as stitching (looks vs durability) goes. So, I use the Saddle Conditioner at least once a week. Keepin' it supple.:D Time will tell.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Bikerhiker, do you have any pictures of your bike? I am a large man as well, 6'8" with a 37 inch inseam as well. I have considered the Vario pegs, I also have talked to Corbin about the customization of a seat and they say about 2" of foam is all they can add. If you have any pictures it would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts