Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recieved my Corbin seat, the seat is great. I also have the Givi E-21 side racks & the Givi topcase rack. The seat will not fit unless I remove the support bracket that is attached to the rear grab handle bolt. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sorry, Don't know about your luggage system... but, HOWS THE NEW SEAT?:huh: Been waiting for some one to test before purchasing.:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
What happens if you remove the support bracket? If you only lose the grab handle, that won't matter, unless your passenger suddenly has a reason to hang on!

·
Registered
7 Posts
rcvd my corbin yesterday. it's fatter at the back as I'm having the same problem. see attached photo where to get the seat mounted I had to take off the top hanger bracket of the givi sidebags/kawa racks-that snakes under the seat. With the brackets, I put 2 washers on each of the 2 seat lock bracket bolts to extend it, couldn't get it locked in and decided to think about it. I haven't called corbin yet. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do. The seat seems fantastic but I need the bags.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I called Corbin twice about the problem I was having and they never returned my calls.
What I did was removed the grab rails, then I drilled the holes larger in the bracket where it is connected under the seat where the grab rail was attached and I filed the edge of the bracket so it wouldn't rub against the bottom edge of the seat. I bolted the bracket on and the bags and topcase fit great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts