Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey riders. I am considering a Corbin touring style seat to replace the stock seat on my V. I have chronic back pain issues and want something that's more comfortable for me on the long rides. They also have a small back rest available for the rear when going 2 up. Does anyone share my back issues? what was your solution?. some pro's and con's on the Corbin or what else is better? would be appreciated. thanks all.

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
If you do the Corbin, make a road trip of it and ride down to the factory in Central California- it doesn't cost any more to get it custom made... and you can ask them for suggestions on your back issues-

·
Registered
25 Posts
I buy a Corbin seat for every bike I own.
I love them...I have little cushion on my butt...and the Corbin seats fit me perfect.
I am selling my Corbin for the Versys because I am selling the bike and will not get more for it because of the seat.
My $.02.

·
Registered
61 Posts
looked at the corbin to over here
way way to expensive 599.- euros
non in stock for a testride makes it to big of a gamble

·
Registered
67 Posts
For what they charge for it it's just not worth it considering what else is out there. It's hard as hell and you slide towards the tank on downhills and hard braking...not a fan...

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Heres some photos with a few of the seats i've had. Deleted the photos with the russell daylong and kawi gel seats.

Baldwin Tall..

IMG_0505 by weljo2001, on Flickr

Corbin...

IMG_0507 by weljo2001, on Flickr

Terry Adcock Flat Seat...

IMG_1493 by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
What did u think of the Baldwin seat you had?.

Had it on the bike for over a year and a half. Did a 850 mile first day in 15 hours and then 550 miles in 10 hours the next day. I rate it #2 on my list #1 is the Terry Adcock Flat Seat #3 Russell Daylong.

·
Super Moderator
19,023 Posts
I bought one for my dual sport and would never do it again........
I had a "flat" Corbin on my KLR650, and LOVED it! Tried a buddy's "pocketed" Corbin (switched seats for a day) and liked it UNTIL we hit some washboard which kicked me forward into the pocket. Could NOT get back to my flat Corbin quick enough!

Raised the front of the V seat on both my Vs by 9/16", and been relatively happy w/ the stocker.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I've had my Corbin on my V for several years. It works great. Much better than stock. It's stiffer, has a shape a bit like a "john deer" seat for support. It doesn't slide me forward onto the tank. There's room to shift around, which helps alot on medium and long rides.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I've got a Corbin on my '09 Versys. I bought the Corbin because at the time, Sargent wasn't making a seat for the Versys. When I talked to them on the phone they said they weren't going to make one. They said they looked at doing one but couldn't make it fit the lines of the bike so they scrapped the project. Then a year or so later they came out with one for the Versys anyway. I've had both Corbin and Sargent seats on bikes in the past. I prefer Sargent. They seem to be more comfortable (at least to my rear) and they also are much lighter than Corbin seats. Corbin's seat pans are ridiculously heavy.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just ordered a Sargent seat. I had a Corbin on another bike,it was to firm for my butt and it weighed a ton. Didn't fit quite right on the bike.I had Sargents on my last 2 bikes and loved them. Plus they are cheaper. But no back rest offered. I found a web site that saves over buying direct from Sargent.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts