Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a link to pictures of a versys in the R&D phase at Corbin. They e-mailed me back and said it should be on the market in a few weeks. Sure hope they address the sliding forward issue. My boys will be grateful.:clap:
http://www.corbin.com/news/

·
Registered
716 Posts
That's good news, the Kawasaki "gel" seat wasn't that great I had one and sold it quickly, and put the stock one back on.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've had a few different corbin saddles on previous bikes. Very high quality. They actually go ride their prototypes. I love bike products, made by bike riders.

·
Registered
266 Posts
This is great news. Kind of curious to see what the price tag will be, The kawa gel seat price is just not realistic.
Had a Corbin on my previous KLR and loved it!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I mentioned in the e-mail to them that "I will buy instantly!" Hope that motivates them. I would say Paladin is pretty close on price.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I just sent my seat off to Spencer in Florida for modifications and to also add the Flex Gel to it. He did wonders for my ST1300 seat, and I expect him to improve the V's seat too. I have that problem too, with sliding to far forward and in an email sent to him, he said that is common. I will report back week after next, but for $75, I am going to see if he can improve this seat like he did on the ST1300.

Just fyi, his web site is www.greatdaytoride.com

David

·
Registered
266 Posts
I just sent my seat off to Spencer in Florida for modifications and to also add the Flex Gel to it. He did wonders for my ST1300 seat, and I expect him to improve the V's seat too. I have that problem too, with sliding to far forward and in an email sent to him, he said that is common. I will report back week after next, but for $75, I am going to see if he can improve this seat like he did on the ST1300.

Just fyi, his web site is www.greatdaytoride.com

David
Checekd out their website, they sound pretty good. Let us know the outcome and how the seat feels after the mods. If the vercit is good, might send mine this winter.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Checekd out their website, they sound pretty good. Let us know the outcome and how the seat feels after the mods. If the vercit is good, might send mine this winter.

I'm interested in the results myself. If good, mine is on it's way to him...

·
Registered
2 Posts
the only part of the bike that is not up to snuff
Versatility is an understatement. Love to tell you all about my trip last month . 5300 k. To the smokey mountains Deals gap, onto Helen, Georgia. 7 guy,s 1050 tiger, vfr, 1098 ducati, 2 1200 gs,s . 1250 bandit And of course the cream of the crop, my 07 versys. Love riding computer skills hm-------. maybe more later.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Versatility is an understatement. Love to tell you all about my trip last month . 5300 k. To the smokey mountains Deals gap, onto Helen, Georgia. 7 guy,s 1050 tiger, vfr, 1098 ducati, 2 1200 gs,s . 1250 bandit And of course the cream of the crop, my 07 versys. Love riding computer skills hm-------. maybe more later.
sounds like a fun trip....taking mine to the gap next month...can't wait

·
Registered
69 Posts
Praise Corbin!

Here is a link to pictures of a versys in the R&D phase at Corbin. They e-mailed me back and said it should be on the market in a few weeks. Sure hope they address the sliding forward issue. My boys will be grateful.:clap:
http://www.corbin.com/news/
I hate my seat. I love the bike. But I hate the seat. The longer I use it the more I hate it. The other day I was riding on my folded up rain jacket stuck under a sheepskin cover. It gave me an hint of how much more comfortable I'll be at the proper ride height, although of course as cushioning it was too heinous to leave there. Oh please let the Corbin be a reality!! Checked the site, it's not listed in new products yet...

·
Registered
469 Posts
The seat is good for about 4 or 5 hours to me. Right now I'm returning from a 1,500 mile trip and that slope forward is aggravating. I did a mod that made the slope less but I see it is not enough.

ST, I may very well have my seat done by Spencer.

Thanks for the site.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Will this new seat add any more room for you sit scoot back a bit? AT 6'3" I wish I had an extra two inches to move my ass backward.

From the pictures it looks like it might add something but not sure.

·
Registered
81 Posts
After a long wait the Corbin saddle is online. It looks as though they have addressed the sliding issue and as all Corbin saddle there is an option of a backrest. Looks like it could be worth the $439 they are asking for it.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts