Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent my seat out to Spencer and while it is much improved, I feel I must upgrade to the Corbin or Baldwin in order to be happy..................
I'd like to feel like I'm sitting more in the bike and not on top of it, also there seem to be some pressure points on the side of the stock seat (maybe its too wide in places). After riding my fatbob with a stock harley seat (which is actually wonderfull) jumping on the V is fine, (lightness, revvy motor) except the seat stands out as wayyy inferior! Can we get some reviews from current owners of the Corbin and Baldwin..........................:)

·
Premium Member
16,105 Posts
this again. do a search this has been hashed over more than once. Baldwin All The Way

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know it has, and have looked at the search results, looking for the seat that makes you feel like you are sitting in the bike not on top of it........

·
Registered
214 Posts
I know it has, and have looked at the search results, looking for the seat that makes you feel like you are sitting in the bike not on top of it........
sitting "in the bike not on it" is a cruiser rider thing. SUVs require you to be up higher.

if its in you want this is the bike you want.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, But I like the lower center of gravity with the cruiser style riding position........................
What seat is in the pic, Mark?

·
Registered
93 Posts
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5684441&l=e4574afdb4&id=699186102

Here is mu custom Corbin.

Think I paid $389 with tax. I had the top done in silver carbon fiber for its reflective properties. Its hot out here. It doesnt get hot at all.

I like it. I may rig up a sheepskin pad if I ever do extreme longhaul rides, but I dont have any immediate plans for it.

FYI

Sits you back farther and lower. I havent had butt pains since getting it. Do get the scroat pains on occasion. I blame that on riding in blue jeans and gods blessings!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Great idea with the light color for the seat. If you are in the SW USA it would definitely come in handy. I lived in Phoenix for a while and I can't tell you how many times the seat would scald my but when I went to ride it after parking outside somewhere.

How has the color held up on it? Any sort of fading or discoloration so far?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ive only had it a few weeks so I cant say for longevity, but I can say my experience with corbin has always been positive. I would expect 10+ years of service before a recover.

I actually bought a an 18 year old corbin from a junkyard for ten bucks once. Cover was shot and the foam was aged but I put 21K miles on that crusty seat. Best bike farkle yet.

Only prob it has was when it rained it would hold water for a week!

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'm going to order the Baldwin, I think this will be the definitive answer :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts