Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Corbin Modification?

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  this versys that 
#1 ·
I have a Corbin and after several thousand miles it is still a bit too hard. My butt gets sore about 300 miles or the second day of a ride.

1 Has anyone complained and gotten somewhere with Corbin to put more padding in this seat?

2 Has anyone tried adding padding on their own. I like the seat, just too damn hard!

#2 ·
I had a Corbin Gunfighter & Lady on another cycle and felt the same way, after several thousand miles it was still like sitting on a brick. So I took it to Corbin in Daytona Beach, they examined it and said "that's how it is supposed to be" but if I insisted I could send it to their west coast shop to be modified for $200 to $300. I ended-up taking it to Butt Buffer (gel pads) in PA. He re-shaped it and put in my Butt Buffer gel pad for less than $100. It is still not a good seat, but with a sheepskin it is rideable. A lot of riders I've talked to who have owned a Corbin swear they will never buy another.

#3 ·
I had two seats done at Rich's Custom Seats. I was watching him work and chatting a bit, and he mentioned that he has 'repaired' as many Corbins as stock seats.

If you have anything like him in your area, I'd go there. I didn't realize how fortunate I was on that count when I lived in Seattle.

#4 ·
I found their customer service very helpful after I got my seat, which was a relief considering their past reputation for less than friendly post service. My seat had a pucker that needed to be pulled tighter. They sent me a return shipping label and ask if there were any changes I wanted made and that I could wait until the end of riding season to send it. I had decided after 1200 miles that the dish was too deep and the sides dug in to my thighs. They leveled the dish and rounded the sides and got it back to me in 3 weeks. PERFECT!!!!!!! Corbin seats may be too hard for your needs but, if you can explain where on the seat causes the pain they my be able to correct it. I hope you find a solution, that's a lot of coin not to be happy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.