Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I left for a recent 4 day trip to the Adirondacks I purchased a dryWear (CoolMax clone) long sleeve T shirt to use with my light weight, synthetic running shorts as a base layer under my gear (vented four season type jacket and pants). The stuff is vastly superior to a cotton T and cotton underwear I would typically wear under my gear for touring. When your sweating it pulls the moisture away from your skin, so you don't feel damp and clammy. It allows the moisture to still evaporate and cool though. Also if you decide to take a break and remove your gear your still presentable enough to be out in public. The shorts also make an interesting fashion statement when accessorized with riding boots :D. The runners shorts also double as swim shorts if you are touring. I rode through a few heavy rain showers (without the water proof liners installed - doh!) and highs of 34C. While I got soaked in the rain, the stuff kept me comfortable and started to dry almost immediately when the rain stopped. Also more cool than cotton in the heat under my gear. Recommend!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
+1 I became a convert years ago due to running and mountain biking in winter. Rinse out, fast dry and repeat. Well worth the 'investment'.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
@ twowheels, as per your earlier advice on this subject, I picked up some shorts and shirts last weekend to use for the Nova Scotia ride. Seems like a really good idea!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Made me buy a shirt and shorts to try out, the heat and humidity is getting to me

·
Registered
720 Posts
+1

Been wearing base layers for about 2 years instead of the usual sports synthetic nylon shirt after noticing friend wearing those under their leather race suits. If those made getting in and out leathers much easier i figured it'd do the same on other textile riding gears.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts