Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day was a hot one, as I was rolling out of town coming around a curve I was greeted by the not so pleasant surprise of scalding hot radiator coolant splashing down my left leg. The coolant hose had a big split in it and was spewing coolant. I limped it to a parts store near by, got a hack job of a hose put on quick and topped off with coolant. I should have a replacement hose here in the next day or so. While filling with coolant I discovered the Rubber Gasket on the radiator cap was swollen and malformed, It was leaking a bit on the way home. I re-seated it and got it to seal for a 40 mile ride the other day, and now it's leaking again. I've ordered a replacement radiator cap too, but it's getting held up from the shipper. Does anyone know if the radiator caps on these bikes are interchangeable with other Japanese motorcycles or cars might try to hunt around at parts stores in town if I know what I need or interchangeability wise. Taking the cap on and off isn't really a couple minute easy parking lot job type of deal on these bikes unfortunately.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Stant 10233 Cross References

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the assistance now to swap out hoses, got an new hose today, and a cap from the autoparts store. Going to give the cooling system a flush and new coolant. :)

·
Premium Member
7,772 Posts
Thanks for the assistance now to swap out hoses, got an new hose today, and a cap from the autoparts store. Going to give the cooling system a flush and new coolant. :)
Remember to bleed the air out after flushing. Just a reminder. Be safe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts