Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if there is a trick to getting the panel off that covers the coolant overflow bottle on a 2019 Versys 1000. The 2018 may have the same I think. I can look at it from the left hand side through the handlebar area and see it's a bit below the bottom line and want to add some.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
7,848 Posts
If you want to add coolant without removing side cowling, you will need to reach in and remove the coolant bottle cover , then use a small hose to fill. It can be done, just need some imagination.

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
Just wondering if there is a trick to getting the panel off that covers the coolant overflow bottle on a 2019 Versys 1000. The 2018 may have the same I think. I can look at it from the left hand side through the handlebar area and see it's a bit below the bottom line and want to add some.

Thanks in advance
Believe it or not, it is in the owners manual, the hardest part is understanding the push pins, looking like rivets, they only need a round tooth pick or small screw driver to push in slightly, which release them, then use your small slot screw driver or fingernail to pull out, to re-use you push the pin out the opposite way. The remainder is rubber grommets and metric screws. Start near the set / top of the tanks, you will see rubber grommets behind the plastic, believe it or not I use spit to reinstall. Some use WD40, problem with that is it makes it much easier for the panel to pop out again as some lube will remain, spit just dries up>:)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Believe it or not, it is in the owners manual, the hardest part is understanding the push pins, looking like rivets, they only need a round tooth pick or small screw driver to push in slightly, which release them, then use your small slot screw driver or fingernail to pull out, to re-use you push the pin out the opposite way. The remainder is rubber grommets and metric screws. Start near the set / top of the tanks, you will see rubber grommets behind the plastic, believe it or not I use spit to reinstall. Some use WD40, problem with that is it makes it much easier for the panel to pop out again as some lube will remain, spit just dries up>:)
Alright, it appears as tho numerous panels have to come off or is it just the one

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
Possibly 1 panel

Alright, it appears as tho numerous panels have to come off or is it just the one
I can only speak for the MK-3 2015 650 Versys, there are two panels, however the lower one is attached to the upper one and come off as a complete assembly, start at the gas tank top, since what you are trying to do is fill the reservoir, you only need some extra clearance. My 2015 650 uses a combination of push pins, screws and rubber grommet/ pins. FYI I can only speak for the 650, the panel at the top is roughly $200. Get a bright flashlight and look between the gas tank and plastic, that should give a clue. Also the owners manual has it in.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can only speak for the MK-3 2015 650 Versys, there are two panels, however the lower one is attached to the upper one and come off as a complete assembly, start at the gas tank top, since what you are trying to do is fill the reservoir, you only need some extra clearance. My 2015 650 uses a combination of push pins, screws and rubber grommet/ pins. FYI I can only speak for the 650, the panel at the top is roughly $200. Get a bright flashlight and look between the gas tank and plastic, that should give a clue. Also the owners manual has it in.
Thanks for the info. I got it off and it was pretty much to the full line, but I added a little just because I had it off

1 - 8 of 8 Posts