Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got to take the bike out for a ride Friday morn, it was a little cool 10c (50 F I think) But what an awesome bike to ride, I put on 250 km's. I rode out to my home town Biggar for lunch with my parents. I had the day off and we were in for a snow storm on Saturday, so I had to sieze the day.It was a bit of a pain to try and keep this thing at 4000 rpm, I guess it's only temporary.
I have not been on a bike in around 20 years, WOW this is one comfortable bike and a great ride. I can't wait for the snow to melt again and to warm up, so I can get out there.

Black 2007

·
Registered
114 Posts
It's great to hear that you're back on a bike - and especially a Versys! - after a 20-year-long "timeout." And there really is something special about taking advantage of those clear days that pop up in the middle of otherwise crappy weather.

It was just about a 10 days ago that I cleared the 4K RPM ceiling at 500 miles on the odometer. It's worth the wait, since you'll really be able to feel the engine loosening up and hitting its stride as you pile up the miles/kilometers. Once you can open it up to 6K RPM, which is where I am now (until I hit the 1000 mile mark), it really starts to breathe and flex its muscles!

Here's hoping that spring comes your way soon! It's here already in southern Illinois, but it's also WET and WINDY. Nevertheless, I'm ready to "Carpe diem!" anytime things start to clear up a little bit . . .

Peace,
Kevin McClearey

1 - 3 of 3 Posts