Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:interesting: I've noticed the site advertising topics often coincide with the thread topics, meaning that Kawasakiversys website is tracking our every move, this didn't concern me much until I did an internet search yesterday for digital cameras. Now I'm getting ads for cameras. BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING

·
Registered
875 Posts
[URL="
[/URL] with my firewall set on aggressive for me to log into photobucket, come back here and post it was necessary to allow no less than 30 of the suckers. Time to clear them and disallow cookies? The site/ pages won't load... what a crock, EH!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Firefox with the following add-ons:
- adblock plus 1.3.1 with subscriptions to easylist, easyprivacy, fanboy - adblock, and fanboy- tracking
- better privacy 1.4.83
- cookie whitelist with buttons 1.0.3
- noscript 2.0.4
versions above current at time of this posting.

This configuration will prevent most ads and tracking crap, particularly configuring noscript to prevent web beacons, etc.

If you are on Windows, also use CCLEANER to mop up temp files, supercookies, and such before shutdown.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Thank-you Sir. I'm writing that down.

Sheesh I type in a post the word Ontario and get adds for tourism Ontario....I guess thats how people make money on this inter web thing.
Lack of privacy don't seem right, but then again I am posting here!:cheers:

·
Registered
859 Posts
I use Safari + "Cookies" add on that lets you clear all but your favorites cookies.

One time there was a single topic where a member asked about computers and few hours later every banner and google ad on the site was selling computers and parts.
Bastards.

/1984

·
Registered
434 Posts
Anyone with experience/tips on Google chrome? Page loads are a LOT faster than Firefox (except on this forum, nothing is as slow as this site)

V-Zee

·
Registered
859 Posts
I installed Firefox and immediately liked the interface but when I tried to open a page it would just sit there like there is no internet connection. So I shut it down. Any tips?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts