Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just put a deposit down on a 300x. Will be picking it up next week. This is definitely the time of year to buy a bike if you want save a few bucks. The dealership is installing a set of Shinko 804/805s for me so they'll be on the bike when I pick it up. I've also ordered a Seat Concepts cover and foam kit for the seat. I'll let you guys know how that turns out. Anyway, looking forward to sharing ideas with you guys. Peace.

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Welcome aboard from an ex-UT grad student, waaay back in the day.

Reactions: Sil3ns

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Once a Vol, always a Vol. Nice to see a UTK Alum on this site. I finished my undergrad at UT last year and I just finished my first semester of Grad school last week.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Baby Picture...One mile on the odometer

Just picked her up today. First mod was to install those Shinko 804/805s. That seat is next. It's got to go. I don't know what Kawasaki was thinking with that thing. It would be just about as comfortable without a seat. Now if it will just stop raining...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Once a Vol, always a Vol. Nice to see a UTK Alum on this site. I finished my undergrad at UT last year and I just finished my first semester of Grad school last week.
I suspect things have changed a little since I earned my MBA in 1977. Last time we passed through Knoxville this past spring I didn't recognize much, but then its been 40 years! Couldn't even find the large apartment complex I lived in west of town. Probably torn down years ago and replaced with one of the gazillion car dealerships that seem to cluster west of the city.

I don't imagine Ollie's Trolley, just off campus on the north side, is in business any longer either. Used to be a great place for lunch.

Good luck with your graduate studies.

Reactions: Sil3ns

·
Registered
327 Posts
Looks especially good with those Shinkos installed!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts