Registered
1,213 Posts
It was in this post:
:)

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
someone here in another thread had a great idea to adjust the high beam so it becomes an actual low beam. i think it is a great idea, as long as you have auxiliary lights to serve as the high beam when needed.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Not possible. The high beam light pattern is designed for distance. The low beam is designed for short range with a horizontal cutoff to reduce glare for oncoming motorists.

Bad advice is everywhere, do your own research, and critical thinking, before following it.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
Not possible. The high beam light pattern is designed for distance. The low beam is designed for short range with a horizontal cutoff to reduce glare for oncoming motorists.

Bad advice is everywhere, do your own research, and critical thinking, before following it.
i don't know how would this work with Halogen bulbs, as LED bulbs illuminate very differently from within the OEM headlight housing. I have put the idea into action and lowered the high beam to its lowest position, and the result is very nice. the high beam, now being the low beam, has more focused light and complements nicely the low beam. as a courtesy for a car approaching, i would still often switched to the low beam, but only in the night.

I don't ride usually in the night, but it happens that during my trips I arrive late to my destination. having 2 lights is both very good both for visibility and illumination. I think it is a splendid idea, as long as one has good axillary lights that can serve as the high beam when situation demands.

as far as blinding other drivers, they appear actually more annoyed by my small denali lights as they have very piercing beam, even though they point very low. the 'blinding' effect is not merely caused by having the beams pointing too high, but by the general brightness of light. I get often blinded by small scooters as they have nowadays very white led front light.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I finally got a picture with the features of the LED lights I plan to buy.

Reactions: jaaklucas
41 - 45 of 45 Posts