Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
kardan, just to give you heads up, you do need to bend the spring a little to fit these bulbs. What I did, was to reverse the part into which the spring clips to the opposite direction, by unscrewing it. Then, you still need to bend the spring, but the job becomes much easier.
I think that hardest part for me will be removing and putting back whole headlights fairing.
Other I can work inside house alone in peace. For spring I will see, I hope that I will not break something. (I have sometimes lucky to break something that nobody break LOL)

·
Registered
635 Posts
I think that hardest part for me will be removing and putting back whole headlights fairing.
Other I can work inside house alone in peace. For spring I will see, I hope that I will not break something. (I have sometimes lucky to break something that nobody break LOL)
Ive had my front fairing off several times over the years. Its not that bad.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
... Kelvin is the color rating. Get 6000 to 6500.The higher the rating, the whiter. The lower, the bluer.
Have to chime in here

The higher the number, the bluer the light will be
The lower, the yellower
Pure white is around 5500 k
But manufacturer have different way of testing, hence different result for a given number ...

Color temperature - Wikipedia

LOP

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I guess 'whiter' is better for Visibility, and Lumens for the light output. People put those super white/blue halogen bulbs, but this does not alone illuminate the road better, often just the opposite.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Light can be a wave OR particules
you mean photons can be waves or particles
The broader use of light in physics is mixed in with electro magnetic radiation, measured in wavelenghts and related to radio waves. Invisible to our sight. Visible light ,which is a certain part of the spectrum , is what we are dealing with. I believe this is where photons come in.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
The broader use of light in physics is mixed in with electro magnetic radiation, measured in wavelenghts and related to radio waves. Invisible to our sight. Visible light ,which is a certain part of the spectrum , is what we are dealing with. I believe this is where photons come in.
I think that photons are the elementary particles of all light, both visible and invisible to our eyes. my quantum theory knowledge is pretty rusty

·
Registered
327 Posts
Can somebody tell me how big diameter are plastic hole where you add rubber dust cover.
I can't measure with caliper that plastic hole, no enough space for my hand, but i don't wish to remove front fairing until I get LED lights.
I need to buy silicon muffin mold but i don't know how big that mold need to be.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
Can somebody tell me how big diameter are plastic hole where you add rubber dust cover.
I can't measure with caliper that plastic hole, no enough space for my hand, but i don't wish to remove front fairing until I get LED lights.
I need to buy silicon muffin mold but i don't know how big that mold need to be.
if you did not change the bulbs to LED yet, what is wrong with the OEM covers? i can give you the diameter, as I have the spare headlight assembly in my garage, but why do you need it?

·
Registered
327 Posts
if you did not change the bulbs to LED yet, what is wrong with the OEM covers? i can give you the diameter, as I have the spare headlight assembly in my garage, but why do you need it?
everything is OK witl OEM dust cover,but I wish to leave OEM intact , I will replace them with silicon muffin mold, so I don't need to make hole in OEM rubber so I can leave LED fan outside. I find some silicon mold which are 50 or 70mm diameter, but when I look into OEM dust cove it looks much bigger.

So please when you have time can you measure and write here.

EDIT:
This is what I wish to do with silicon muffun mold, only I will make hole in that silicon mold and fan on LED light will be outside, and dust/rain will not come inside.

·
Registered
327 Posts
That's a nice trick !

I would be a bit worry that water/humidity would seeps in, but ... nice !

LOP
Muffin silicon molds are soft, so if I tight enough with zip tie wather will not come inside , and I need to cut smaller hole in that mold so it will be tight fit between LED light and that mold.

It is not a problem to add a very thin layer of silicone to fill all the places where the passage of water / dust is possible.

Anyway, I will se how this will work next year.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Muffin silicon molds are soft, so if I tight enough with zip tie wather will not come inside , and I need to cut smaller hole in that mold so it will be tight fit between LED light and that mold.

It is not a problem to add a very thin layer of silicone to fill all the places where the passage of water / dust is possible.

Anyway, I will se how this will work next year.
I ment between the ridges of the mold that closes with the zipty ... but it's a small ''if''

Still, nice trick !!!

LOP

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
everything is OK witl OEM dust cover,but I wish to leave OEM intact , I will replace them with silicon muffin mold, so I don't need to make hole in OEM rubber so I can leave LED fan outside. I find some silicon mold which are 50 or 70mm diameter, but when I look into OEM dust cove it looks much bigger.

So please when you have time can you measure and write here.

EDIT:
This is what I wish to do with silicon muffun mold, only I will make hole in that silicon mold and fan on LED light will be outside, and dust/rain will not come inside. View attachment 180813
Do you have a link to the original thread containing this muffin cup photo?
Thank you :)

·
Super Moderator
19,617 Posts
If I remember correctly - it was posted by a member from India, who IS or WAS military, and rides to VERY HIGH altitudes, but - SORRY - don't recall his name.

·
Registered
327 Posts
If I remember correctly - it was posted by a member from India, who IS or WAS military, and rides to VERY HIGH altitudes, but - SORRY - don't recall his name.
I took me 1 hour to find where is that thread, i have picture on my computer (this which I post here) since first time I see this solution with muffin mold.

Post number #12 , it is from :oliverider

By the way oliverider is it everything OK with this silicon muffin molds, you don't have any problems?

21 - 40 of 45 Posts