Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've been keeping up with the thread, and I just wanted to thank all the admins and mods. You're reading all our questions and suggestions, and you're replying to each of us. You're doing so in addition to performing your other forum admin and mod duties. I know how exhausting that can be, especially when it's time you're volunteering. You guys are awesome. 👏

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
There was a message sent from administration today , unfortunately it must have been in the administration side , as my windows 10 showed a message waiting, neither my hotmail or conversations show it, and no further discussion is possible on my part as to the why or possible resolutions, if you check, I was active July 4th and over 50 banned , the software was like a pinball machine, finding between 3 and 7 multiple ID users all identified as spam, I instructed Fasteddie to back off, that I would deal with it every couple days, well I did a conversation today reversing that . I was a retired professional tradesman , I never walked off any job without discussing the issues or trying to resolve matters.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
No reply or response in 24 hours, what happened to the professionals working for Verticalscope?? They leave? Also could someone remove the two step verification as I no longer am a administrator, Thank You!

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
I sent in several requests July 6, ( Contact us) no response , please check post #102 & #103 Community feedback. Thanks

·
Administrator
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
No reply or response in 24 hours, what happened to the professionals working for Verticalscope?? They leave? Also could someone remove the two step verification as I no longer am a administrator, Thank You!
I can't always promise an immediate response.

This is not something I can disable for you. It is a setting in your account Password and Security settings, the same place where you set it up.

Click Change next to Two Step verification and follow the promps until the option is to disable it.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
It is done Thank You

Reactions: KawiMan

·
Registered
529 Posts
Stopping Spammers

With the implementation of this new GUI for our Kawasaki Versys forum, what has been done or changed to fight the phenomenon of spammers?

In the previous forum version, there were specific roadblocks in place that slowed down their activity and, when needed, permitted to prevent these spammers from finishing their registration.

I ask because IMHO this is a basic community forum "must do".

Thank you
[removed administration information}

Great to hear from you Cricket. BTW there are 4 or 5 unresolved/never replied to threads in the [removed private link] section.

To the Versys fans. We are mostly always suspicious of change. There are things from the old software which are no longer available in the new, but the new can certainly maintain an active help/data sharing/community for Versys owners. The new software is definitely intended to make the experience more trendy for mobile phone users, but with a little learning can still provide most of the important features of the old. You just need to play with it a bit, read the help files. or just ask. :)

Reactions: KawiMan

·
Administrator
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
Great to hear from you Cricket. BTW there are 4 or 5 unresolved/never replied to threads in the [removed private link] section.
I am usually on sites only during the transition period to the new platform, but I did stop in over there and add some responses. I also alerted the support team.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
I think a reality check is in order, note , as expected my last post contained some confidential info and got redacted . Sometimes the truth hurts , no question many improved features, such features as to filters, once accustomed to the filters, click ____ and then titles, so many ways to search. I am 150% behind that, no one likes spammers, long time members logged in, in many cases to help in various posts. Since part of this post is commending the changes, I agree . Then ones needs to ask why the activity of long time members has drastically decreased? Some has to do with the complicated means of getting there, as a example , Titles, I explained how but decided to leave a puzzle, can you find a prompt to show you how?

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Conversations formerly Private messages now has a 5 minute time limit to edit. I think something just failed to load properly.

·
Administrator
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
Conversations formerly Private messages now has a 5 minute time limit to edit. I think something just failed to load properly.
You can simply reply with the corrections if you miss the time limit for editing a private conversation.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
You can simply reply with the corrections if you miss the time limit for editing a private conversation.

- Cricket
So if I do a post in a existing thread I can edit up to X number of days. But doing a private message and I step away from my computer for 5 minutes and come back, realize I made a mistake, now I need to start over and tell the other or others joined in the conversation the mistake I made and then correct it. I now understand why it no longer is Private Message but Conversation. What really baffles me is the trying to align with Facebook on this forum, I can edit my conversations there weeks later.

Well I only posted because this was a change, thinking something went wrong, You can simply reply with the corrections if you miss the time limit for editing a private conversation. I am reading between the lines here but assume this 5 minute time limit is correct. Thank you for the quick reply, have a awesome day.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Before the change there was a option to contact members by email, provided those members had that option checked off in there settings. It appears that function is gone. Some members had email notification turned off on private message received , again I wonder how many realize this could cause a loss of conversation. I ask because I got a conversation response from a member , my conversation was posted 1 month ago, he responded today. This lack of access erodes activity on the forum, silence is golden , an old saying, could be the downfall of this forum or what is left of it.

Reactions: quexpress

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts

Take a moment to browse through our Community FAQs and let us know if you have any questions.
- Cricket
Looks like I had the last word last year.
Good news, Cricket is alive and well, still fully in control.

101 - 116 of 116 Posts