Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
81 - 100 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I have 2 questions concerning members:
Where did our member list go? I've searched but am unable to find this list (that is sorted in alphabetical order). I found this list QUITE useful.
2. I'm going to sound like a broken record again. We "used" to be be to see a list of members logged on and also the number of "guests" browsing through our forum. Will this function come back? Again ... this was appreciated by many here.
Thank you

·
Administrator
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
I have 2 questions concerning members:
Where did our member list go? I've searched but am unable to find this list (that is sorted in alphabetical order). I found this list QUITE useful.
2. I'm going to sound like a broken record again. We "used" to be be to see a list of members logged on and also the number of "guests" browsing through our forum. Will this function come back? Again ... this was appreciated by many here.
Thank you
Who’s Online?

When you are reading a thread, you will see a green dot on the avatar of those who are online.

If you want to see everyone who is currently online (depending on their settings) you can find this information on the members page.

On the forum listing page or on any forum sections, you will see a Top Contributors box in the sidebar. Click on View All.

This will bring you to the Members page with options in the left sidebar, including who is online.

You can also search to find a member.

There is also a section that displays the newest members.

- Cricket

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Who’s Online?

When you are reading a thread, you will see a green dot on the avatar of those who are online.

If you want to see everyone who is currently online (depending on their settings) you can find this information on the members page.

On the forum listing page or on any forum sections, you will see a Top Contributors box in the sidebar. Click on View All.

This will bring you to the Members page with options in the left sidebar, including who is online.

- Cricket
Thank you!

I tested the above and saw that the Technical Discussion - V650 Forum displayed the following Online statistics:

Unless I missed this forum behavior in the past, I have never noticed one day with such a high number of "guests" online combined with such a low number of members logged in. Weird ... ???

·
Premium Member
9,455 Posts
Who’s Online?

- Cricket
Guess what I looked and I looked and I looked some more. Enable Focused Reading Mode and hide the right column , yes it is a option in settings . So I unchecked it, however what about others that haven't had experience sorting stuff like this out. It needs to show up somewhere else if that box is checked.

Reactions: quexpress

·
Premium Member
9,455 Posts
Thank you!

I tested the above and saw that the Technical Discussion - V650 Forum displayed the following Online statistics:

View attachment 179249

Unless I missed this forum behavior in the past, I have never noticed one day with such a high number of "guests" online combined with such a low number of members logged in. Weird ... ???
Actually the numbers are low for guests, I have seen 300 guests, and 45 members. Typical online members, a low of around 20 to 25, and normal around 40 to 60 on a weekend. In the last week, and I randomly check, I haven't seen it top 10. I question the software, and a request to post in the Moderators Feedback doesn't apply here. I am baffled as to the thought process in the design of this platform. A statement I have heard several times; a moderators job is a thankless job, and the reason I post this, up until this forum change, numerous times there were reported posts by members. My settings send a email notification directly to me, I don't punch in in the morning and put in my time, this is a unpaid volunteer job. The ability to see who was online and what they were doing, by regular members, that stepped in and either reported a post or sent a PM to me, both come directly to my email account, since all activity including guests is gone, so is the member support. I did get one reported post last week. I really do hope there is something wrong with the software and filters, as 3 or 4 logged in members isn't good. The lack of new post , much like the lack of new members posting, doesn't look promissing.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Stopping Spammers

With the implementation of this new GUI for our Kawasaki Versys forum, what has been done or changed to fight the phenomenon of spammers?

In the previous forum version, there were specific roadblocks in place that slowed down their activity and, when needed, permitted to prevent these spammers from finishing their registration.

I ask because IMHO this is a basic community forum "must do".

Thank you

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Signatures in Account Setting

For our Signatures in our Account settings, would it be possible to include the options of Text Color, Font Family and Font Size in the same fashion as available when typing a reply, etc. in the forum threads?

Thank you

·
Registered
870 Posts
There is no setting to receive emails in plain text. They are always html.
(and I already mentioned they are not direct url but tracking urls)

·
Premium Member
9,455 Posts
The gallery and photos / media / Albums , today I discovered all my media could be viewed without logging in or being a member . All the setting were everyone. I went through 5 pages and changed to Registered members. This is something like the privacy settings that were set for everyone. I posted a more detailed message in the moderator feedback.

Reactions: quexpress

·
Administrator
8,248 Posts
The last time I checked on the Old format, I saw 17K + visitors to my page. Where do I find this now in the new format?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
The gallery and photos / media / Albums , today I discovered all my media could be viewed without logging in or being a member . All the setting were everyone. I went through 5 pages and changed to Owner. This is something like the privacy settings that were set for everyone. I posted a more detailed message in the moderator feedback.
Thanks for the heads up!

I too needed to update these privacy settings of my albums. Why were these settings not carried over from the previous version???

·
Premium Member
9,455 Posts
The last time I checked on the Old format, I saw 17K + visitors to my page. Where do I find this now in the new format?
It is the same place as the mentions, the likes given and the likes received , visitors to your profile page and last 10 visits Cricket seems to know, I just can't find it, and that is after I turned off my privileged member status right side bar. Oh Well , the lights are on , nobodies home!

·
Administrator
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
The gallery and photos / media / Albums , today I discovered all my media could be viewed without logging in or being a member . All the setting were everyone. I went through 5 pages and changed to Registered members. This is something like the privacy settings that were set for everyone. I posted a more detailed message in the moderator feedback.
I think they did their best to bring over old preferences, but it isn't always possible.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Signatures in Account Setting

For our Signatures in our Account settings, would it be possible to include the options of Text Color, Font Family and Font Size in the same fashion as available when typing a reply, etc. in the forum threads?

Thank you

I will pass on the feedback to the developers.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Guess what I looked and I looked and I looked some more. Enable Focused Reading Mode and hide the right column , yes it is a option in settings . So I unchecked it, however what about others that haven't had experience sorting stuff like this out. It needs to show up somewhere else if that box is checked.

This option is specifically for premium members.

- Cricket

81 - 100 of 116 Posts