Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
61 - 80 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Quick question:
Did the forum always limit the number of posts you could edit per seven days? I just tried to fix a typo and a message appeared that read, "You may not edit more than 10 different post(s) within 7 days."

This leads me to another question:
Is there a bug or misconfiguration with the editing function? I ask, because I don't remember editing 10 different posts in the last week. I don't post that much, so I was surprised to get this message.

I'm a technical writer, and just knowing one of my posts has a typo is making me twitch. 🤣

·
Administrator
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Quick question:
Did the forum always limit the number of posts you could edit per seven days? I just tried to fix a typo and a message appeared that read, "You may not edit more than 10 different post(s) within 7 days."

This leads me to another question:
Is there a bug or misconfiguration with the editing function? I ask, because I don't remember editing 10 different posts in the last week. I don't post that much, so I was surprised to get this message.

I'm a technical writer, and just knowing one of my posts has a typo is making me twitch. 🤣
Click on the 3 vertical dots to the far right of the timestamp. Select “Edit”.

Members have unlimited editing of new posts for the first 24 hours after posting. Up to 10 existing posts (older than 24 hours) may be edited per week. More editing will be allowed as each of those 10 edits expires every 7 days.

The above is the "expected" behavior for editing posts but there is currently a bug with editing older posts that the developers are actively working on for us.

- Cricket

·
Registered
182 Posts
Click on the 3 vertical dots to the far right of the timestamp. Select “Edit”.

Members have unlimited editing of new posts for the first 24 hours after posting. Up to 10 existing posts (older than 24 hours) may be edited per week. More editing will be allowed as each of those 10 edits expires every 7 days.

The above is the "expected" behavior for editing posts but there is currently a bug with editing older posts that the developers are actively working on for us.

- Cricket
Thanks, Cricket. I performed those steps you described, and I understand what the expected behavior is. I was just wondering if this is new behavior with the upgrade. Also, because I do not post enough to have had 10 different posts that I've edited in the last seven days, I was curious if the functionality was working correctly. Then again, it's been a weird seven days, so maybe I've been editing in my sleep. :-D

·
Administrator
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
I do not post enough to have had 10 different posts that I've edited in the last seven days, I was curious if the functionality was working correctly. Then again, it's been a weird seven days, so maybe I've been editing in my sleep. :-D
There is a bug in the edit feature for older posts. I expect this to be resolved soon.

- Cricket

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
How can a user's individual post now be displayed by itself (like it used to)?

The above was very useful when wanting to eliminate the noise around a post before saving it offline on our PC.

With this "upgrade", if we click on the post number shown on the right of the poster's avatar, the system brings that post to the top of the screen ... but the rest (before and after the post is still displayed).

Thank you

·
Administrator
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
How can a user's individual post now be displayed by itself (like it used to)?

The above was very useful when wanting to eliminate the noise around a post before saving it offline on our PC.

With this "upgrade", if we click on the post number shown on the right of the poster's avatar, the system brings that post to the top of the screen ... but the rest (before and after the post is still displayed).

Thank you
This is what I have for now.

How To Permanently Link (Permalink) a Post

When you need the URL for a specific post, simply click on the post number. This will automatically add a link to the post in your browser address bar. Copy and paste it wherever you need it.

Another option would be to click on the share button below the post.

A link will pop up that you can use to copy and paste wherever you need it.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
How To Save (Bookmark) Threads Or Posts

This is a great option for those times when you want to save a thread to come back to later. At the bottom of the post, you will see “save”. Click on it.

Once you click on it you can add any notes to remind yourself and then simply click to save.

When you are ready to find the saved bookmarks again later, from the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on your avatar to open the drop-down menu and select “bookmarks”.

- Cricket

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
"This is what I have for now.
When you need the URL for a specific post, simply click on the post number. This will automatically add a link to the post in your browser address bar. Copy and paste it wherever you need it."

That's exactly what I was mentioning. It doesn't bring you to the post by itself, it simply links you to the post on the screen ... but includes the rest of the whole thread.
Before ... it was possible to display one particular post by itself. This was VERY useful. It this option now history with this new "upgraded" format?

·
Administrator
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
"This is what I have for now.
When you need the URL for a specific post, simply click on the post number. This will automatically add a link to the post in your browser address bar. Copy and paste it wherever you need it."

That's exactly what I was mentioning. It doesn't bring you to the post by itself, it simply links you to the post on the screen ... but includes the rest of the whole thread.
Before ... it was possible to display one particular post by itself. This was VERY useful. It this option now history with this new "upgraded" format?
It does not appear to be an option. I will dig deeper into this.

- Cricket

·
Registered
1,222 Posts

It does not appear to be an option. I will dig deeper into this.

- Cricket
Thank you
What is the simplest way of using "quote" with this new version? It seems like we need to jump through many hoops to get this right. Often, after clicking on quote, the simple reply format comes up ...

·
Administrator
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·

Thank you
What is the simplest way of using "quote" with this new version? It seems like we need to jump through many hoops to get this right. Often, after clicking on quote, the simple reply format comes up ...
You can choose which method works best for you.

How To Quote

When you see a post that you want to quote, click the reply button on that post. It will automatically add the quoted content to the content area where you can add your reply/comments following the code.

How To Multi-Quote

Step 1
: Click the multi-quote icon at the bottom of each post that you want to quote.

Step 2: Scroll down to the text editor where you are going to write your post. Click "Insert Quotes".

Step 3: A small window will pop up for you to verify (or delete) quoted content that will be added to your post. Click "Quote messages".

Final Step: The quoted content will automatically be added to the text editor.

Add your comments and click to post your reply.

Added Notes: You can multi-quote from more than one discussion thread in the forum. You can also simply highlight the part of the text you want to quote. A small popup will allow you to choose the multi-quote option using just the selected content.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
You can choose which method works best for you.

How To Quote

When you see a post that you want to quote, click the reply button on that post. It will automatically add the quoted content to the content area where you can add your reply/comments following the code.

How To Multi-Quote

Step 1
: Click the multi-quote icon at the bottom of each post that you want to quote.

Step 2: Scroll down to the text editor where you are going to write your post. Click "Insert Quotes".

Step 3: A small window will pop up for you to verify (or delete) quoted content that will be added to your post. Click "Quote messages".

Final Step: The quoted content will automatically be added to the text editor.

Add your comments and click to post your reply.

Added Notes: You can multi-quote from more than one discussion thread in the forum. You can also simply highlight the part of the text you want to quote. A small popup will allow you to choose the multi-quote option using just the selected content.
OK the reply button implies a quote but the quote button is a multi-quote button.
I appreciate the explanation but ... I'll sound like a broken record ... the previous version was MUCH simpler. I.E.: use the Reply button to reply and use the Quote button to quote.
Oh well ...

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
How to Access/Edit Our Own Albums?
Can you please show us how to access our own albums?
I've looked in my Account Details, my Showcase (which shows empty), etc. without any success.
Yet I have a good sized album used for different "tech" threads...
Thank you

·
Administrator
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
How to Access/Edit Our Own Albums?
Can you please show us how to access our own albums?
I've looked in my Account Details, my Showcase (which shows empty), etc. without any success.
Yet I have a good sized album used for different "tech" threads...
Thank you
Let me know if this helps.

How To Add A Gallery

Click on the 3 vertical dots near the upper-right-hand corner of the community.

Click on “Gallery” in the drop down menu.

From the left side navigation, click on “Your albums”.

Near the top right of the page, click on “Add media”.

A popup will open. Click on “Create personal album”.

First, add a title to your album and a description. Now it is time to click “Upload file”.

Once you have uploaded your file, add some information for the image.

When you are done, click save.

When need to add to your album, click on “Gallery” from the drop-down menu below the dots in the upper right-hand corner of the site again.

Click on “Your albums” from the left-side navigation.

You can click on the add media button again.

And then click on “Add media to existing album.

Or if you prefer, when you click on “Your albums” you can just click on the specific album where you want to add the image(s)

When you click on a specific album, you will also see some privacy options so you can decide who can view your images and who can’t.

- Cricket

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Let me know if this helps.

How To Add A Gallery

Click on the 3 vertical dots near the upper-right-hand corner of the community.

Click on “Gallery” in the drop down menu.

From the left side navigation, click on “Your albums”.

Near the top right of the page, click on “Add media”.

A popup will open. Click on “Create personal album”.

First, add a title to your album and a description. Now it is time to click “Upload file”.

Once you have uploaded your file, add some information for the image.

When you are done, click save.

When need to add to your album, click on “Gallery” from the drop-down menu below the dots in the upper right-hand corner of the site again.

Click on “Your albums” from the left-side navigation.

You can click on the add media button again.

And then click on “Add media to existing album.

Or if you prefer, when you click on “Your albums” you can just click on the specific album where you want to add the image(s)

When you click on a specific album, you will also see some privacy options so you can decide who can view your images and who can’t.

- Cricket
Yes that works! Thanks!
However ... all of my albums are now together in one big batch. These "used to be classified" by interest, i.e.: slipper clutch, fork oil change, Rostra Cruise Control, etc., etc., etc.
IMHO the above will make it very complicated to work with.
Is it possible to re-establish these albums as per their original classifications?

·
Administrator
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
The ones with folders on them are albums. If you click the album, you will see what is within that album.

Is that what you are referring to?

- Cricket

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
The ones with folders on them are albums. If you click the album, you will see what is within that album.

View attachment 179246

Is that what you are referring to?

- Cricket
Yes that's it!
How can I delete one of my albums? I ask because I notice a "Marriage Counceling" album in my Gallery. However I do not know how that Marriage Counceling album got there because it is certainly not mine LOL! How can I delete it from my albums?
Thank you

·
Administrator
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Yes that's it!
How can I delete one of my albums? I ask because I notice a "Marriage Counceling" album in my Gallery. However I do not know how that Marriage Counceling album got there because it is certainly not mine LOL! How can I delete it from my albums?
Thank you
Can you send me a private message with a link to the image you are referring to please?

- Cricket

61 - 80 of 116 Posts