Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its decision time..my KLR650 has been great but I need more umphh. I do lots of miles, around 35k a year. Are there any known faults with the 650 Versys? I am looking at the 2015 model.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
35K a year on a KLR is impressive

I imagine you will be a lot more comfortable on the versys - don't think the 2015 has any of the rare issues of the earlier models. only known problem imo is the side by side lights and the angry hornet looks. ;)

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Its decision time..my KLR650 has been great but I need more umphh. I do lots of miles, around 35k a year. Are there any known faults with the 650 Versys? I am looking at the 2015 model.
:welcome:

And the KLR is not the darkest of side (that would be an HD)

Further more, it's almost a natural progression !!!

Many guys here come from a KLR

I for instance

LOP

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey there, I, like many here came from the KLR to the Versys. Transferring into the city meant more Highway klms. And less "fun" off-road. The KLR was a bit to 'vibey' on the Freeway. Needed a bike smother, more responsive and more nimble to thread traffic.
Enter the Versys 650. SO SO HAPPY with the decision. Did 400 - 500 klms trip to Apollo Bay on The Great Ocean Road and the bike performed faultlessly. It's just so damn torquey, comfortable and fun. I love it

·
Registered
928 Posts
Welcome! Another former KLR owner here (C model, though), and I have no regrets. After 6 years, the V still puts a smile on my face every time I ride it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
hi, welcome!, as a owner of the 2015 the only thing that drives me crazy are the lack of accessories, specially crash bars that are able to protect the turning signals. i already had to change an engine gasket at 600mil the warranty covered it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts