Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

as I'm getting ready for a 6 weeks trip in Europe, I wanted to check something on the luaguages side... I have a Givi E450 simply (with its rack and plate) and, since I hate anything called side bags, I wanted to see if I can add to my Givi the Nelson-Rigg Classic CL-150 Expandable Sport Tail Pack. has anyone done it before? would it be possible without any issues?

waiting for your ok to pull the trigger on the nelson bag :p
thanks!:)

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I think you are asking if it's OK to use a tail bag together with a top case?

If so, I see no negative issue. Tons of members use 45L and larger top cases here. The added weight of the Nelson Rigg CL150 won't be much. It's not taht big and it's on the pillion where you could easily sit a passenger who would be much heavier.

I have E21 side cases with an E26 top case and I put a 60L dry bag on the pillion for touring.

The Nelson Rigg looks like a good bag. I've never owned anything from them, but I've seen good reviews. I prefer a dry bag over something like that which needs a rain cover.

Hope that helps with your question

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

I needed the assurance that such combination will not affect the cornering...also, since the Givi topcase sits a little far in the back , I felt that the gravity center might move a little back which would make the handling an issue..

·
Super Moderator
18,828 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts