Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
i predict either black or green. but not both, it all depend son this years sales.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I keep hoping against hope for the Plasma Blue used on the '07 650R and the '08 250R.

The only color I'd like less than the red is Kawasaki green.

So I predict the '09 color will be Kawasaki green. :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Down here they sell it in silver, black, red, blue and burt orange! The orange is fantastic, but I am buying mine back in the states for '09 so I am hoping for something other than the red also!

·
Registered
15 Posts

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I like the green better than the red.
BigTexas - where is it that all those colors are offered?
Thanks,
p.

·
Registered
41 Posts
BigTexas - where is it that all those colors are offered?
Thanks,
p.
South America...I am an American, but I live in Medellin, Colombia. I will take a pic or two of them at the local Kawasaki shop and post up this week. this is the view just outside of town where I live:

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks. I read that Medellin is undergoing a resurgence. I wish them all the best. Great rescue last week. Outstanding pics.
p.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks. I read that Medellin is undergoing a resurgence. I wish them all the best. Great rescue last week. Outstanding pics.
p.
Paul, thanks for the comments! Colombia is actually a fantastic place to vacation and live...those of us who know about it don't complain that people are too scared to come (because of the history) as this keeps the prices down, and the foreigner-population down also! Medellin use to be one of the most dangerous cities to live in the country, only 10 years ago, and now it is paradise!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
It looks like a lush paradise. Government seems to be getting it together too. Is it feasible to ship a versys from there to the US?

p.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes...they are on track!

Feasible to ship as a visiting bike, yes - about $800 for all shipping and then I just have to leave the country with it every six months for at aleast one day which makes for a nice weekend trip!

If exporting to be registered there, even without using a dealer, the overall price jumps up to around $11k.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I keep hoping against hope for the Plasma Blue used on the '07 650R and the '08 250R.

The only color I'd like less than the red is Kawasaki green.

So I predict the '09 color will be Kawasaki green. :D
:D Yup it seems that's the way it usually goes when there's a certain color that like or don't! I kind of like the green though.

I'm a newbie here and thought I'd chime in and say hello. I don't actually own a Versys but previously owned it's cousin a '06 650R.

Back on topic: It will be interesting to see if a few other colors become available for 2009. It is such a cool bike even if it is red again I wouldn't mind.:thumb: Bold new graphics and color change is in order though just to keep things interesting.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Umm...HELLO!? How about Silver or Black? Why do the Brits get to have all the fun across the pond?! Maybe ABS as an option as well.....I'm holding out for either Silver or Black....maybe Plasma Blue. We'll know soon enough.

-S

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have to say that the burt-orange is definitely the hottest, but I would go neutral with black or silver if the option is there for 2009.

I will post some pics of all of them this week.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If I understand you correctly - export duties would bring the bike to $11k? Ouch. That's a no-go.

Anyone know when the '09s come out? A game plan could be to hold onto the fz6 until then.

Now here are some pics of the green, posted by Lucifer, and I have to say it's
impressive:
http://forums.kawasakiversys.com/showpost.php?p=4847&postcount=15

I think I favor green or black. I like the way the color is picked up by the panniers (though those bags are HUGE). I also LOVE the black frame, which I don't think we have in the states. Time and again I see the American market treated like a spare tire by the manus, yet it's got to be the most lucrative in the world. Puzzling and frustrating.
p.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes... To actually buy a Versys here in Colombia today, out the door, would cost me 22.1 million Colombian Pesos, which is equvalent to $12,670.00USD. If I was to import the bike myself, bought let's say in Miami and shipped direct, I would pay the equivalent of about $11,500.00 USD in both USD and Colombian Pesos. The overall tax to import it here runs about 51% as Colombia is not yet part a FTA with the US thanks to the Congress.

If I buy in the US, ship to Colombia and take it out of the country every six months then I will only pay the US purchase price, $800 to ship it here and about $200.00 a year for local insurance. Another advantage is that if I even move back to the US I can just ship it home.

As for the colors, I don't think there is a bad-looking Versys out there..but I guess we just have to wait and see what they do! I have my deposit down and the guys will let me know as soon as their order paperwork comes in regarding what is available to order!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ok, thanks for that explo. Now I get the need to take the bike out of country periodically.

Pelosi is holding up FTA for Colombia, as part of union politics. I can see now the reality of this on the ground. The country should be encouraged for doing the right thing, not punished, especially at this moment when the criminals are on the ropes.

Here's a site that shows three colors anyway: http://www.kawasaki.co.uk/product.asp?Id=340445DF773&Sub=2 , but not the orange you've been talking about. I love the black frame that comes with the green.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I will probably paint mine next year so, so I too don't really care what colors they offer, but I do love the blue, and I have to say the green is growing on me. As for the "Traveler" model offered elsewhere, I love the color matching of the bags, but geez, those Kawa bags are HUGE! :thumbdown:

·
Registered
41 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts